There is a sketch site called CAS...which has some fun card sketches. CAS stands for "Clean and Simple"...which, if you know me, know is something that is difficult for me to do...but something I really WANT to learn. I decided to play along. This card may not look simple, but it WAS! I only stamped one thing (the sentiment) and the rest is just paper, matching complements, and a small bit of embellishing. This card took all of 10 minutes. Keep reading to find out what I used. Almost everything I used is retiring on July 31 (or while supplies last...whichever comes first) and you can get them on my website. You can see the complete retiring list in yesterday's post.
Here is the sketch:
The products I used on this card that are retiring on July 31 are (see photos and links for all the products I used at the very bottom of this post):
- Laughing Lola Paper Packet
- Laughing Lola Dimensional Elements
- Laughing Lola Assortment
- Words of Comfort Stamp Set
Tips from this card:
- I sponged the edge of everything with a sponge and my black stamp pad to make things really pop.
- I used 3D Foam Tape on the smaller flower to make it pop and add dimension to the card.
- Combining patterns adds lots of visual interest without a lot of work.