pin it button

Friday, February 27, 2009

Brand New Granddaughter!


In my opinion, nothing could be more fitting than a brand new baby on my brand new blog. On Saturday, Feb. 21, 2009 our first grandchild was born. Daci Paras Roberts (5 lbs. 15 oz., 19.5" long) is as perfect as they come, if I do say so myself. My daughter, Kori and her hubby, Rick are already wonderful parents. I was even able to be there for the birth. I cannot even begin to describe what it was like watching my child give birth to my grandchild. I'll try: absolutely miraculous, awe-inspiring, and one of the most special experiences of my life. I was able to spend the last 5 days staying with Kori and Rick and helping with the baby. Coming home today was bittersweet. I am so happy to be back home with all the testosterone...I missed Dan and my wild-n-crazy boys! But, it broke my heart to leave that special little baby so new to this earth. I can smell her now just thinking about her. I love you, little Daci. Life is good!

2 comments:

Rick and Kori said...

I think she is as perfect as they come too but I'm even more biased than you :) Daci misses you and hopes you come back soon!

lvs2dance said...

Oh Karen! I am so happy for you!!! I can't think of anyone (well besides my mom) who would be a more perfect grandma! What a sweet little beauty she is. I know that we will see MANY pages with pictures of her in the months to come. I am so excited for you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails