pin it button

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Warm Fuzzies in the Mail




Don't you just LOVE the days when you open the mailbox and find a handstamped card from someone who cares about you there just waiting for you? It is one of the simple joys in life. Well, today was one of those days. I opened the mailbox to find this beautiful thank you card from Close To My Heart.

As many of you may remember, I created an album this summer that I donated to a silent auction for Operation Smile (the charity that Close To My Heart officially supports) put on by Close To My Heart (see the book in this post). I was thrilled enough that I was able to do something that helped to make a difference in the life of a child (my book went for approx. $100!), but on top of that, I received this card today. Not only was it handstamped, but it was a personal expression of thanks from a company with thousands of people working for them. The fact that they took the time to thank those of us who donated to the auction is extra special. And, it that weren't enough, it is hand signed by the owner and CEO of CTMH, Jeanette Lynton and all of the vice presidents as well. Thank you for the thank you, CTMH! It is such a privilege to be part of a company with so much 'heart.'

And, while we are on the 'thank you' subject, I'd love to take this moment to thank my customers. Many of you round up your order totals to the next dollar amount to be donated to Operation Smile. Last year, in those round ups alone, my customers paid for one entire surgery for one child. How cool is that? THANK YOU, 'Karen's Kustomers' for your support of this worthy charity too! Doesn't it feel good to know that something small that you did allowed something big to happen for someone else? Warm fuzzies all over!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

That's so cool! It would be awesome to one day meet the child whose life you changed, but just knowing does give you warm fuzzies....way to go!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails