Tuesday, April 12, 2011
Another 3.5" x 8" April Stamp of the Month Card
I have been making tons of 3.5" x 8" cards lately. I love these little puppies. Not only do they fit simply in a legal size envelope to mail, they also cut easily from a standard (8.5" x 11") sheet of cardstock. Just cut a 7" x 8" piece and fold in half on the 7" side. You'll have enough cardstock left for stamping on pieces and using them to layer. Cool beans!
For this card (click on the photo to see it larger and in more detail) I experimented with a technique that I think I might have made up. If I didn't then I've never seen nor been taught it before, so at least let me THINK I made it up (lol). I kind of just made it up as I went along. For the middle strip this is what I did:
1. Embossed the stamped image from Close To My Heart's April Stamp of the Month with the Versamark Pad and White Daisy Embossing Powder on White Daisy Cardstock.
2. Filled my Spray Pen up to the first line with Chocolate Re-Inker and then to the third line with water.
3. Sprayed the embossed paper lightly with the above mixture until I got the desired look. Hint: if you want a soft look with light spray marks like my card, be sure to hold your spray pen about 6-8 inches away from the paper you are spraying and press the nozzle fast.
4. I used my Heat Gun to dry this quickly.
5. I then used my Waterbrush and picked up color from my Cotton Candy Stamp Pad and my Pear Stamp Pad to color in the flowers.
The Chocolate Cardstock that I used in the background is stamped tone-on-tone with the butterfly image from the stamp set with Chocolate Ink.
Isn't this stamp set beautiful (actual size of the carrier sheet is 6" x 6")? Well it can be yours in April only at a discount or even FREE ($22.95 value)! Click here to find out how. You can also get a FREE Level 1 Kit ($9.95 value) this month too. The link I gave you will give you those details too!
You can order any of these products, and so many more on my website...24/7!