pin it button

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Studio J "Sugar & Spice" Layout and a Bird Card with the June Stamp of the Month

I'm back again with the third of five Studio J (CTMH's awesome and easy to use digital scrapbooking program) layouts each of the Close To My Heart Convention attendees got to make before we head to Dallas for our International Convention in a few weeks. I love that CTMH provided us with instructions and tips for 5 layouts before we get there so we are even more prepared for our Studio J class! Not only that, they covered the all of the costs for these layouts to be printed and delivered in out hot little hands.  You can see the other two layouts I have already shared here and here.

Here are some of the Studio J techniques I used on this "Sugar & Spice"layout of our little granddaughter, Daci:
  • altering the look by changing the colors of cardstock and B&T (patterned) papers (this was a black and orange Halloween kit!)
  • rotating a page
  • using a vellum text box to lighten a color
  • converting a photo well to a text box
  • creating my own embellishments by cropping MyStickease and combining and clustering them
  • using stitched shapes

I will share close ups of each page in a moment, but before I do I have a few little June reminders:

1.  Don't forget that June is Stampaganza. For every 2 stamp sets you purchase this month, you get the third of equal or lesser value for FREE! So, buy 4 and get 2 free, or buy 6 and get three free.  COOL BEANS!  For your convenience, if you are ordering on my website, your order will automatically take off the third set as you are checking out. Just put them in your cart like you would if you were paying for them. Also, if you are interested in seeing which stamp sets will be retiring July 31 (or while supplies last, whichever comes first), click here. That way you can be sure to purchase any of those sets you just have to have before it's too late, and at the same time apply them to Stampaganza. 

2. This month's Stamp of the Month is darling.  I love that it is only $5 when you spend $50.  Do you realize that if you were to purchase 2 of our "E" size stamp sets (I use these a TON for titles) at $29.95 each, you would get a third one FREE PLUS the Stamp of the Month at only $5 (a $17.95 value). That would be $107.80 in stamp sets for only $64.90.  That's over a 40% discount!  Here is a card I made with this month's Stamp of the Month (Life is Tweet) as well as a photo of the stamp set itself (carrier sheet actual size is 6" x 6").  This set is available only during June. If you are ordering on my website, you'll be prompted to add this 'tweet' set before you check out.





Now, back to that Studio J layout.  Here are close ups of each page:
left page

right page
Have a wonderful Summer day!  I'm spending it in my craft room making some top-secret artwork for the class I am teaching at Convention. WOO HOO!

5 comments:

Brenda said...

I absolutely LOVE the stitched flowers on this layout instead of paper. Very good idea, and I am so glad you shared. What a cute little Daci bug!

Christine Adams said...

That is the cutest, sweetest smile in the whole, wide world! Love all of the extras you added to your layout! And LOVE the card - the music notes, the paper piecing! You are just one uber talented lady!

cnelson said...

She is just the CUTEST and SWEETEST! Your lo is the perfect showcase for those ADORABLE pics! LOVIN' that ohhhhhh so CUTE birdie card!

Laurel said...

Super adorable little girl and projects Karen!

Nicole Norris said...

Love that card. Fabulous Studio J layouts!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails