pin it button

Monday, February 11, 2013

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner!

Today is it! Today is the day that I announce where Dawson is going on his mission, and in turn that means I will also announce the winner of the DARLING Valentine kit.

First of all, I must admit that I misled you all (not on purpose, mind you). I was pretty sure that with Dawson's Celiac Disease he would stay stateside for his mission. I knew that labeling laws were trustworthy in the U.S. I also thought that he might end up in Canada. That's what I get for thinking!  God had somewhere else in mind.

Dawson received his call and had his "opening party" last night and we filled the house with family, friends, and lots of yummy food.  Everyone was anxious to hear what that letter said.   He was called to serve the next 2 years of his life in the Sydney, Australia mission speaking the Spanish language and teaching the gospel of Jesus Christ.  Yep, no joke!  Spanish in Australia.  He is beyond excited. He enters the Missionary Training Center on June 19 and then heads to Australia a few weeks later.

The winner of the contest is Emilie Ashby.  She guessed Argentina.  Congrats, Emilie!  Email me (pedermom@aol.com) with your mailing address and I'll drop the kit in the mail asap!



I have lots to tell you all about my wonderful trip to the Caribbean last week so stay tuned for photos and details of that as our week progresses. I'd LOVE to have you join my team and go on the trip with my next year to an all-enclosed 5 star resort in Costa Rica.  Click here to find out how to join my team.




4 comments:

Nicole Norris said...

Oh how exciting! I think I would start planning a trip now to go pick him up. It would be so much fun to go to Australia!!!

Unknown said...

Such an awesome place to spend his mission!

Jennifer said...

What an exciting time! I had a high school friend called to Sydney Australia & he taught the gospel in Mandarin Chinese!

Stampin n da Hood said...

He's goin' Down Under?! Wow!
My daughter LOVED living and working there…however it was hard enough to understand her Aussie accent when she came home…I can only imagine an Aussie Spanish accent!
Way to go Dawson!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails