pin it button

Monday, September 7, 2015

Elegant Embossed All-Occassion Card



This card would be perfect for just about anything...birthday, thank you, sympathy, wedding, or even just thinking of you.  I love cards like that; cards I can create and keep on hand and pull out for whatever my current card need may be.  I do this quite often...create a card and then leave the inside blank so that when a need arises, I can just stamp the appropriate sentiment on the inside.  That's called working smarter, not harder, people! ;)

To create this card I did the following (products used list at the end of this post, complete with photos and links for your convenience):


  1. Cut a 12" x 12" piece of Colonial White Cardstock in half (at 6"), scored at the half way mark, and folded to create a 6" x 6" side-fold card.
  2. I then cut a 4"x 4" piece of Colonial White Cardstock and random stamped it with the single flower stamp in Champagne ink. I cut that into 4 - 1 7/8" x 1 7/8" squares (you'll have a tad bit left over). These comprised my corner pieces.
  3. The green polka dots and grey plaid pieces are patterned paper that came from the versatile Zoe Paper Packet.  I also cut them at 1 7/8" x 1 7/8".
  4. For the center circle, I cut a 2 1/2" circle out of Glacier Cardstock and embossed the wildflower bunch using my Versamark Pad, White Embossing Powder and my Heat gun.  I layered that onto a Slate Cardstock circle and then a scalloped Colonial White Cardstock circle.  I then added that, using 3D Foam Tape, to the center of my card.
  5. I finished it all off with a bit of Glacier Thick Twine (to get the frayed look, after tying your knot, use your piercing tool to separate the strands of twine) and some Oceanside Sequins (retired). 
This stamp set is the September Stamp of the Month (Paper Garden). 



It is only available during September and is yours for only $5 ($12.95 savings) with each $50 you spend (before shipping and tax).  Spend $100, get 2...and so on. When purchasing on my website, you'll be prompted to add your set(s) before checking out.







LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails