pin it button

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Thank You Card with a Twist


I always love it when a new catalog comes out. Not only is it full of brand new products that I can't live without, but it is full of ideas that inspire me. On page 56 of the brand new Expressions 2 publication, there was a thank you card that I thought was really fun. I re-created it with my own twist. Here's the card in the catalog:


Cute, right?  Well, let me tell you a little bit about how to make it and the changes I made.

First of all, I stamped the Scripty Thank You stamp with my Black Memento Pad.
 
See the blue oval outline around the stamp?  That means we sell a Thin Cut (die cut) to work with it.  This one works with the largest oval in the Basic Ovals Thin Cut Set.  Handy, right?
product image

I used some papers from both the Little Dreamer and the Prickly Pear Paper Packets for the background papers, and instead of the white twine that you see used in the catalog photo, I went with our Whisper Thick Twine.  I also used our awesome Shin Han Alcohol Markers (Tender Pink, Leaf Green and Golden Yellow) to color in the flowers.  The result? My card is similar to the one in the catalog, but more me.  I added a list of all of the products I used on this card at the very end of this post, complete with photos and links.



What I'm trying to say is that our catalogs are so much more than a book full of amazing products, they are books full of amazing products AND gorgeous artwork that you can copy, or use as inspiration for your own creations.

When placing an order on my website, you'll be prompted to add a FREE Expressions 2 Catalog to your order before checking out.  Be sure to click that box!







No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails