pin it button

Friday, July 7, 2017

Close To My Heart Convention 2017

Roomie photo. Love these girls!

I've been home from the Close To My Heart annual Convention for almost a week, and am finally starting to feel a little bit back in the swing of things. Whew!  Attending Convention is exhilarating, exhausting, inspiring, and entertaining. I come home filled with new ideas creatively and for my business. I spend time with cherished friends. It's something that's so hard to explain until someone experiences it for themselves. I thought I'd spend today's post sharing a bit about my Convention experience last week. 
Next year's Convention is from June 38-30 in Las Vegas, NV at the Red Rock Resort. Join my team so you can attend with me!

Wednesday, June 28 was Leadership Day.  This day is for those Consultants with CTMH who have a downline.  It is focused on teaching things that will help leaders know how to help their team members be successful.  It was an awesome day, and by the end, my head was spinning, full of new ideas.

That evening, I had a team get together with my team members who came in for Convention.  I had approximately 50 team members come. WOO HOO!  My team is called The Pacemakers, because we keep THE HEART (as in Close To My Heart) pumpin'!  Also, we like to think we set the pace!  Here we are after our team meeting.  I love sharing this awesome ride with my team!

Some of my team members and I. I love this team!  We are all wearing our "Proud to be a Pacemaker" apparel.

Thursday, June 29. This was the first day of Convention for everyone.  This is always one of my favorite days of the whole experience. Opening General Session is always a show never to forget.  This year was no exception. The new catalog was unveiled, new products were introduced, the show was amazing, and the crowd was exuberant.
Chief Marketing Officer, Monica Wihongi and I got to share some memories of CTMH over the years on stage together.

One of the big announcements was that we are partnering with Stacy Julian for an exclusive product line that will be debuting in 2018.  

It's tradition. Every year, after the opening session, these three girls (Lisa, Amy and Christine) and I get a photo taken with our brand new catalogs. You'll have a chance to start ordering from this amazing book on August 1.
My buddy, Michelle and I drooling over the new catalog during lunch!
That evening, all of the directors were treated to a wonderful dinner, after touring the home office.  What a great experience! We were each giving a beautiful silver "Close To My Heart" necklace as a gift.
In the home office, there is a special bulletin board of all of the directors in the company. Here I am pointing to my pic.

All of the Directors, after the Director Dinner and Tour.
Gorgeous necklace given to each of us Directors.
Friday, June 30, 2017.  This day was full of creative classes, another great general session and so much fun! I was really proud to have one of my downline, Brenda, present a dynamite creative class.  I loved learning and spending time with so many wonderful friends.
Me, with my friends Amy and Jacquie
My sweet friend, Brenda, who is also one of my team members. She did a dynamite job teaching her creative class!
Me, with 2 of my wonderful team members, Jennifer and Liz.

This is my sister from another mister, Michelle. We are the same age (which I will not reveal 😉), got married the same year, had our first babies the same year, signed up with CTMH the same year (we will both celebrate 25 years in 2018), have the same title with CTMH (Executive Director) and have teams of almost the exact same size.  I love sharing this journey with her!  We even earned the exact same ribbons on our Convention name badges this year, and we both put them on in the exact same color order. There are no coincidences. ;)
Saturday, July 1, 2017. The last day of Convention.  I'm always so sad to say goodbye. Our morning started out with Jeanette (the company founder and owner) sharing onstage.  She makes us cry every year (happy tears!).  I was one of the teachers this last day and enjoyed sharing my knowledge of social media and how to use it to increase your business.  That evening was the closing Awards Banquet.  It was full of delicious food, wonderful entertainment (Alex Boye') and a beautiful award ceremony.
Company owner, Jeanette Lynton, her husband, David, and Cheif Marketing Officer, Monica Wihongi

Me, teaching my class
Alex Boye' hopped of the stage and spent much of his concert down on the dance floor with the consultants. He danced with  us, sang to us, and laughed with us. He was awesome!

What a week! Thanks for letting me share my fun with you!

2 comments:

Alyson Mayo said...

Karen, reading this makes me realize how very much I missed attending Convention this year. So many memories, so many celebrations, but most of all, being able to share it with the most precious people imaginable. This company truly brings all of them together.
Thank you for sharing your wonderful memories.

Sheila Bennett said...

A great summary of Convention. And I don't think we ever even ran into each other the entire four days! Hope to see you next year, or possibly at Album Retreat.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails