pin it button

Friday, March 27, 2009

Easton and Galveston Island




I received an email on Monday from my missionary son, Easton. He is currently serving on Galveston Island, TX. He has seen his share of devastation from Hurricane Ike there and has has amazing opportunities to not only teach the people on the island the gospel of Jesus Christ, but to serve them as he helps them rebuild their homes, etc. He reiterated in his email how much he is loving his mission.

The photos are of various places around the island. It has now been 5 months since Hurricane Ike and Easton (Elder Pedersen) says that this is what much of the island still looks like.

Here is a little exerpt from this week's email. Please join me in believing this is a joke from Easton and not something he would really do!
"Oh and before I go, get this: there is a serial killer right now on the island and is in my area. He is up to 7 kills now. All the bodies have been found on streets we ride down every day and night on our bikes. I am convinced I will dress up like a hooker one of these nights so that he will try to attack me and then I will absolutely own the sick pervert. That’s all this week. I love you, Mom and miss you so much. Keep up the great example that you are to everyone."

Oh the joys and worries of a missionary mom!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails