pin it button

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I Finally Found It


Are you like me? Have you been on the search for the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe for as long as you can remember? I have. I found one a long time ago, my Grandma Thorderson's recipe. I love it. But, it is for oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and my kids do not love the oatmeal. So, I think since my first child was about 3 I have been searching for the perfect non-oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe. I'm sure I have tried dozens of recipes. I have finally found it! My friend Jenn G. brought choc. chip cookies to a social event that we were attending and they were absolutely beautiful. I could not wait to taste them. They did not disappoint me. In fact, my husband Dan the Man fell in love with them. And he is not easy to please (i.e. VERY picky eater). So, I asked Jennifer if she would be wiling to share her recipe and she was very gracious. I have shared it with you below. I hope you enjoy it. The photo is one I took of the cookies I made from this recipe. Excuse the crumbs. Those are left from all of the cookies I ate before I took the picture. YUM! I think I need to go bake.

Jenn G’s AWESOME Chocolate Chip Cookies
(this is a huge recipe)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

1 cup butter
1 cup shortening
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
3 eggs
Mix and cream well

add 3 tsp. Vanilla Extract
mix

mix together dry ingredients before adding:
5 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp. soda
1 tsp. salt
mix until the consistency of Play Dough

add
2 cups chocolate chips (I use the big milk chocolate chips)
mix

drop dough onto ungreased cookie sheet
bake 10 - 14 minutes depending on size of cookie and your oven
Enjoy!

1 comment:

bren said...

Oh My-my other most favorite thing in the world-Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Thanks for sharing girlfriend-your kindred spirit!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails