pin it button

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Installment #2: Close To My Heart Convention Artwork




Here is some more of the artwork I did for my Convention class. In these examples I wanted to show how the exact same layout could feel totally different just by changing color schemes. I did one layout of each of my boys using the same layout pattern. You can click on any of the photos to see them larger and in more detail.

The layout of Easton is an example of a monochromatic color scheme. I chose shades of orange because it is Easton's favorite color. I used almost all cardstock on this layout, except for a very small piece of background and texture paper from the Caboodle kit-X7121B (on the left side of the layout). The rest of the pieces are stamped to create color and pattern. One of the gorgeous shades of orange that you see on this layout is a brand new color you'll see in the Autumn/Winter Idea Book on September 1. Fun, huh? CTMH Colors used: Sorbet, Parchment, Cocoa and (mystery color to be revealed Sept. 1).

The layout of Dawson is an example of pulling colors from the photo as inspiration for your color scheme. The papers I used come from a beautiful kit that will be available September 1 in the Autumn/Winter Idea Book. So stay tuned... Oh, did you know that consultants get to preview and order from the new Idea Books one month before customers? That means if you signed up now you could order from the Autumn/Winter Book in August. Click here for more information, or email me (pedermom@aol.com). I'm always looking for great people to join my team.

The layout of Tannon is an example of a complementary color scheme. The 'reds' and 'greens' are muted, but still fall into the red and green category, thus making this a complementary scheme. I used the "It's a Guy Thing" (X7091B) papers and MyStickease (X7091C) for this layout. CTMH Colors used: Barn Red, Olive, Bamboo, Cocoa, Chocolate.

Enjoy....

Oh, and click here to enter my website and order these, or any other wonderful Close To My Heart products 24/7...especially when you need some color inspiration!

8 comments:

Leslie said...

Karen, beautiful layouts, and I don't normally look at layouts. I think it's because you do such great work and your young men are gorgeous.

Rick and Kori said...

I love these layouts! They are so different and evoke such different emotions that you would never know they are the same sketch! fgyk,cdhmgfd,ghvgjc,yh..... i guess Daci loves them too :)

cnelson said...

Such striking los!! LOVE the masculine look...I have such a hard time with that.

Jamie Harder said...

BEAUTIFUL pages!! I love how different they all look just by changing a few things! AMAZING work!

Laurel said...

Wow these are absolutely amazing!!!

Paper doll said...

Wonderful, just wonderful. Perfect and manly.

Unknown said...

STUNNING AS USUAL Karen - I am wondering if you could describe in a bit more detail how you did the 'distressing' on Tannon's page. It looks like you used the edge distresser and then heat embossed silver onto the rough edge - am I close? I love this look. As someone else said your boys are handsome and the layouts (and journalling) are awesome!

Alex Warn said...

I chose shades of orange because New Trends
it is Easton's favorite color.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails