In the meantime, take 2 quick minutes and watch the great ideas and tutorial in this quick video:
To order the ribbon, click here. The item numbers for the supplies used in this video are:
Pink Collection Designer Ribbon - Z1384
Pearl Opaques - Z1336
Glitter Glue - Z1313
Sweetheart Level 2 Paper Pack - X7134B
I also promised a recipe, and I always keep my promises! This one is for Gluten-Free Stromboli. Kori and I made it for the Super Bowl since we had 3 people here who have Celiac Disease. They all loved it. Thanks to Lisa Hannemann (Daysha's mom) for the recipe! You could also do this recipe with regular pizza dough if you don't need to do gluten-free at your house.
Gluten Free Stromboli (makes 2 - 10" Stromboli Loaves):
from the kitchen of Lisa Hannemann
- 2 bags of frozen gluten free pizza dough (photo shown of brand we used, or you can make your own) - let thaw and rise until double (leave in bags until ready to use). We bought our dough at a local healthy food market.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. parsley
- 1/2 tsp. dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 lb. ground sausage, browned and drained
- 1/2 lb. shaved ham (deli-sliced paper thin)- be sure it's gluten free!
- pepperoni slices
- 2-3 C. mozzarella cheeze, grated
1. Roll out each pizza dough loaf into a 12" x 10" x 1/4" rectangle. The dough is very sticky so be sure to spray your marble rolling pin and the rolling surface very generously with gluten free cooking spray
2. Brush with ingredients 2-8 mixed together (leave some to brush on after you roll them up too)
3. Cover each rectangle with pepperoni slices, then sausage, then ham, and finally with grated mozzarella cheese.
4. Roll up on 12" side like cinnamon rolls. Tuck ends in and put on a greased cookie sheet (seam side down)
5. Brush with remaining mixture
6. Cover with plastic (spray the side of your plastic that will be against the dough with gluten free cooking spray) and let rise about 20 minutes
7. Remove plastic and bake at 350* for 20-30 minutes