pin it button

Monday, August 8, 2011

Better Than Strawberry Shortcake Recipe



What is better than strawberry shortcake? THIS recipe! It's a family favorite and tastes EXTRA yummy in the Summer. I especially like to serve it at a family BBQ. I think it's taste offsets grilled chicken and hamburgers perfectly. Enjoy!

BETTER THAN STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE
(Karen Pedersen)
makes a 9" x 13" pan


Make a 9" x 13" white cake (I personally like the Betty Crocker SuperMoist cake mix. Of course if you are a domestic diva, make your cake from scratch. I'm obviously not a domestic diva). Let cool.

Filling Layer:
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 C. powdered sugar
1-8 oz. tub of cool whip

Beat together until smooth and spread on top of cake.

Topping Layer:
Strawberry Danish Dessert (can be found on the pudding aisle. Prepare as glaze, directions on box)
3-4 C. fresh strawberries, washed and sliced

Carefully fold strawberries into partially cooled Danish Dessert. Pour on top of Filling Layer. Cool in fridge at least an hour before serving. Keep in refrigerator.


4 comments:

Lynette said...

OHHHH Yum my friend. Going to the store right now and I just might have to pick up these ingredients. Looks so easy. I am in to fast, simple and easy.

cnelson said...

Oh WOW Deliciousness!!! TFS!!

Strawberry Shortcake birthday favors said...

I thought it was just pan cakes! So delicous!

Nicole Norris said...

I so want a bite of that sweet yummy goodness. Do you want to bring me a piece?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails