pin it button

Friday, August 5, 2011

Roxie Layout



I made this layout using our gorgeous new Roxie kit (LOVE that mix of plaids, florals and animal prints...sooo trendy and vogue!) for my journaling class at Convention. I feel so strongly that scrapping and journaling about the hard times in life, and the lessons we learn is JUST AS important as the happy times...maybe even more!

This layout chronicles our family 'adventure' into unemployment a few years ago, how it felt having to say good-bye to our home of 17 years, and the lessons I learned as we moved into our new home. If you click on any photo in this post, you can see it larger and in more detail. If you are interested in reading the journaling, you'll definitely have to click on that photo.

There are a few more detail shots below, but before we get to that, I wanted to let you know which amazing Close To My Heart products I used on this layout: Roxie Level 2 Paper Pack, Roxie Stickease, Pewter Mini-Medley Accents, Black Stamp Pad, Round Sponge, 3D Foam Tape. You can order these, and so many other wonderful CTMH products on my website 24/7!

Here are a few close-ups of different parts of the layout as well. These are much smaller photos (duh! I guess you can see that. lol) so if you want detail on them, you'll definitely want to click on them.

7 comments:

Blythe said...

Karen,

I love the layout and even more so, the honest journaling. I so admire you. I'm glad to know you!

Laurel said...

Always love your fabulous creations!

cnelson said...

This is AMAZING! YOU are AMAZING! Thanks so much for sharing! HUGS!

Brenda said...

It is a privilege to be able to call you my friend. Thank you so much for sharing and for opening your heart ot others. This is a beautiful layout! Love you!

Christine Adams said...

Karen, I was only able to read a few lines, but it was enough to bring a tear to my eyes and a hearty "AMEN Sista"! Not many couples (in the church or not) would make the commitment to each other that you both did and
grow so much stronger through the hardship too.

What a great example you are to your family, extended family, and your followers in the blogesphere! Thank you for sharing such intimate details and words of wisdom that we can all benefit from!

Shirley Ross, rockin' heARTist said...

Karen, this is a beautiful layout and the journaling hit home, I, too, lost my home and had to make the transition of understanding that what we have is not who we are. God is good and He walks with us through the fire burning only the bondage. God Bless and thank you for sharing such a personal story.

Unknown said...

Note to self: Do not read Karen's blog this week while pregnant... Jeez, girl, I am totally bawling! I made it through Tannon's layout okay, but this one really hit home for me. We, too, lost our home a few years ago under similar circumstances. Again, I thought I was okay with it, but I realized after reading your post, I need to scrap it! I've always looked at it as the "bad" time, but it was such a life-changing event for us as well and it really helped re-align our priorities and increase our faith in Heavenly Father. Why WOULDN'T I scrap that?! So glad you are doing well in your shell and thank you for sharing such a lovely layout about your GROWTH.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails