I chose to go a different route with this stamp set. I envisioned rich red roses and went to town to create some patterned paper of my own. Creating your own Background & Texture Paper (patterned paper) is so much fun! In fact, I'm giving you a step-by-step tutorial on how I created mine in 2 seconds...
Before I get too far into this post, just a reminder that this beautiful stamp set is only $5 this month with a $50 order (before shipping and tax). You can easily order it on my website. You may even want to spend your $50 on some of the items I talk about below. I have included links to all of them. You will be prompted to add the Stamp of the Month as you check out.
Here's a little step-by-step tutorial on how I created my own B&T paper:
1. I began by stamping the chevron design stamp from the new In the Background stamp set in Champagne ink on a sheet of Colonial White Cardstock. This is a big stamp and so easy to line up. This set also includes 2 other background stamps.
|In the Background: Actual size of carrier sheet is 6" x 6"|
2. Once I filled a 12" x 12" sheet with the chevrons, I moved on to the stamps I wanted to use from the March Stamp of the Month (Floral Happiness). I started with the big, solid rose and stamped it randomly with Ruby ink.
|March Stamp of the Month - Floral Happiness (actual size of carrier sheet is 6" x 6")|
3. Next I went back with the detail stamp for the large rose and stamped it on top of the roses in Cocoa ink.
4. I filled in some of the blank spaces with a solid leaf stamped in New England Ivy ink.
5. I then topped of the leaves with the lined vein stamp done in Ponderosa Pine ink.
6. Lastly, I filled one of my Spray Pens up to the first measure line with Saddle Reinker. I then filled up to the 5th line with water and shook it up. Then I misted my whole sheet of patterned paper lightly with this spray.
Voila! Now I had a whole sheet of beautiful rose patterned paper. Actually, I had 4. I made four sheets and got about 25 cards and a layout out of them. Here is a photo of my paper:
If you want to know the rest of the details of how to make this card (or even if you don't...lol!), here they are:
1. The card is a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card. I used one of our value pack Colonial White Cards and Envelopes. Love these!
1. The size of the piece of patterned paper at the top is 4" x 2 1/2"
2. The Ponderosa Pine Cardstock piece at the bottom is 4" x 1 3/4"
3. The middle piece that says "Happiness is...FAMILY" is 4" x 1 strip of Colonial White Cardstock. I stamped it first with the chevron in stamp in Champagne ink and then the sentiments in Cocoa ink. The word "Family" came from another set, Family Love.
4. I then glued that strip to a 4" x 1 1/2" piece of Ruby Cardstock and used my scallop scissors to trim both sides. This then was adhered to a 4" x 1 1/2" piece of Colonial White Cardstock and then glued to the middle of the card.
5. To finish it off, I added 3 of the large Pearl Opaques to the bottom right corner.
Have a happy day!