Tuesday, April 2, 2013
Bird Card to Celebrate Spring
I hesitated to post this card on my blog because the bird stamp set and the stamp set the sentiment came from are both retired. I quite hesitating and decided to post it anyway because the background set is still available, AND because maybe it will inspire you in some way. Plus, Fabulous You has some similar birds in it and you could do something much like this with that set, AND you can pick just about any sentiment.
I have just been feeling joyous inside as the sun is shining and it is actually beginning to feel like Spring (knock on wood). I just NEEDED to make something that looked as Springy as I feel.
Here are a few 'to knows' about this card:
1. The floral background is stamped in Champagne Ink using the In The Background stamp set (my new fave).
2. Everything else (the bird, next, eggs and sentiment) is stamped in Cocoa Ink.
3. The bird, nest and eggs are watercolored using the Saddle, Ruby and Sky stamp pads with my trusty old Waterbrush. Love that tool! I makes me feel like the smartest artist! (I'm a poet.)
4. The scallops are Colonial White Cardstock lightly sponged using a Round Sponge and the Sky pad. I then lightly sponged the edges with my Saddle pad. I also sponged the edges of the floral background piece, the round pieces and the sentiment piece with Saddle ink as well.
5. The circles, scallop circle and scalloped borders can all be cut easily with the fabulous Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge.
6. The card base and some of the layers on the front were made from our Kraft Cardstock.
7. I used my favorite Tombow Adhesive on most things but used some 3D Foam Tape to pop up the circle (see detail photo above).
8. Paper sizes: Kraft Cardstock Pieces: 7" x 7" (folded in half for card base), 2 3/4" circle, 1 1/4" x 6 3/4". Colonial White Cardstock Pieces: 3 1/4" x 6 3/4", 1" x 6 3/4", 2 1/2" circle, 3" scalloped circle, (2) 6 3/4" scalloped borders. I also stamped the bird and eggs on Colonial White Cardstock and cut them out and paper pieced them onto the circle. I stamped the next directly onto the Colonial White Cardstock circle.
You can shop for these, and so many other wonderful products on my website, 24/7. Have fun creating!