Monday, January 12, 2015
Shaped Valentine Card and Instructions
This little gem took minutes to make! I used the January Stamp of the Month set on this card. I love this perfect little set. It can be yours for only $5 ($12.95 savings) for every $50 you spend (before shipping and tax). Spend $100 and you qualify for 2, and so on. When ordering on my website, you'll be prompted to add your set(s) before you check out.
I love that adding texture and dimension (and lots of visual interest) to cardstock is so quick and easy using our embossing folders. I chose our Arrow Embossing Folder for this background of this card. Here's how I made this card:
1. Cut out the bracket card using the Art Philosophy cartridge at 4" on White Daisy Cardstock
2. Cut out the bracket shape using the Art Philosophy cartridge at 3 3/4" on Glacier Cardstock
3. Ran the Glacier CS bracket shape through my Cuttlebug using our Arrow Embossing Folder
4. Adhered Glacier CS bracket shape to front of card
5. Cut a 3/4" x 4 1/4" piece of White Daisy CS.
6. Using Black Ink, I stamped the XOXO stamp from the January Stamp of the Month (This Moment) across this piece
7. Using my black journaling pen and a ruler, I drew a border line across the top and bottom of this piece
8. Adhered this strip near the bottom of the card and then trimmed the side edges to match the card
9. On a 2" x 2" scrap of White Daisy CS, I stamped the 'love this' heart from the January Stamp of the Month. I did it using the rolling technique. I first inked the stamp with my Pixie Pad, then before stamping I rolled the edges of this stamp in my Cranberry Pad.
10. Using my black journaling pen I outlined the 'love this' sentiment on the heart as well as the outside of the heart.
11. Cut out the heart, leaving a very thin white border around it.
12. Mounted the heart on the card using 3D Foam Tape.
That's it! Easy peasy and oh, so cute! All supplies used are listed, along with photos and links for your convenience, at the end of this post.