pin it button

Thursday, January 7, 2016

White Chicken Chili Recipe

A cute family in our neighborhood had a new baby this week and I took dinner to them last night.  When I was trying to decide what to make, I thought of a soup that our daughter, Kori makes a lot that is delicious. I called and got the recipe and it turned out just so yummy. Good thing I made a double recipe so Dan and I could have some too (*wink*).

I thought you might enjoy making it as well, so I'm share the recipe today:


White Chicken Chili (Serves 4-6.  Kori Roberts)

2 chicken breast halves (I just shredded up a rotisserie chicken) 
1 lg onion, chopped very small
1 stick butter 
4 T flour (use corn starch if you want it to be gluten free) 
2 cups chicken stock 
2 cups half and half 
1 tsp green tabasco sauce 
1 tsp chili powder 
1 tsp cumin 
1 tsp salt 
1 tsp pepper 
16 oz white beans (I use cannelini beans) 
6 oz diced green chili peppers (I just use the canned ones)
1 1/2 c monterey jack cheese 
1/2 cup sour cream 
1 cup fresh cilantro (I'm not a huge cilantro fan so I left this out. Kori and her family love cilantro and always put it in)
Drop onion in skillet with 2 tbsp butter. Cook onion 'til soft and transluscent. Remove onion with slotted spoon and add remaining 6 tbsp of butter to the pot at low/med heat. Whisk in flour, creating a roux. Continue to whisk for about 3 mins. and add onion, broth and half and half. Bring to a boil and simmer until mixture starts to thicken. Stir in Tabasco sauce chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Add beans, chilies, chicken and cheese. Cook for about 20 mins, stirring occasionally. Add sour cream and finally cilantro.
It is beautiful served with a dolop of sour cream, some diced tomatoes and green onions, and some tortilla strips on top.


Enjoy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This looks amazing and just what I needed for dinner tonight! Thanks Kori and Karen!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails