pin it button

Monday, December 21, 2015

Easter Egg Coloring Layout with the December Stamp of the Month



I know that the Christmas holidays are just around the corner, but the December Stamp of the Month was PERFECT for photos of coloring eggs with some of the grandkids at Easter that I hadn't scrapped yet. Those jars were just right to "fill" with egg dye and use as the major accent to this layout.  I created the look of egg dye by stamping my jars on watercolor paper with the black memento ink pad, then using my paint brushes, a bit of water, and our wonderful watercolor paints to "color" them in.  Be sure that when watercoloring, you stamp your images with the memento pad. It is perfect for projects that involve water. It stays put perfectly!


Remember that the December Stamp of the Month (Candlelight Garden) is only available this month and is only $5 ($12.95 savings) with every $50 you order (before shipping and tax). Order $100, get 2...and so on.  When ordering on my website, you'll be prompted to add your set(s) before you check out.  We are 2/3 of the way through this month, so be sure to get yours while you can!

Here are a few detail shots of the layout.  I have also included a products used list, complete with links and photos for your convenience, at the end of this post.

Mason jar detail

Title made with and

In my opinion, the journaling on a layout is as important as the photos.  I try really hard to not only record the date and who was present, but memories of the day.  I want to include things that when I go back to read (or my family, generations in the future) help me have the same feelings I had on the day it happened.







2 comments:

Laurel said...

Great use of the stamp set! Wonderful layout!

Morgan Vogt said...

This layout is so beautiful! I love how you mixed the stamp set with the Fundamentals stickers - so inspirational!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails