pin it button

Monday, December 7, 2015

Floral Thank You Card Set and Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day



Happy Monday, and Happy Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day!  I am so grateful for all of the men and women who have served our country, or who currently do, and to their families, for their dedication and sacrifice. This day brings with it a certain reverence for me. I have been privileged to be able to visit Pearl Harbor many times, and each time I am awed just as much as the time before.  Here is a photo of our son, Dawson and I at Pearl Harbor in 2012.  Dawson is a big history love, especially WWII history, and this was his first visit to Pearl Harbor. He was in awe the whole time.

 

This past week I set a goal to only express gratitude in my prayers. I know that my Heavenly Father knows what I need, and I felt that by focusing on what I am blessed with I would more value my blessings and feel less in need. I have been amazed at the results. I am filled with a level of gratitude that I have never felt before. I feel like the richest woman on earth.

Because of this gratitude experiment, I thought it would be appropriate to share a thank you card set today. I created these cards using the beautiful December Stamp of the Month, along with my watercolors. All products used to create these cards can be found, complete with photos and links for your convenience, at the bottom of this post.  It's a very simple card, with very few products used.

Tips:
  • Be sure that when watercoloring, you are stamping with either the Memento Black Ink Pad or embossing your image first.  Otherwise, you could get some smearing.
  • If using the Memento pad, you'll still want to give it some time to dry, or heat set it with your embossing gun. 
  • Before watercoloring, use your paintbrush to just paint the area you will be painting on your image with water first. 
  • Always use watercolor paper. It makes a HUGE difference in how smooth your painting looks and how well it blends.

The December Stamp of the Month (Candlelight Garden) can only be purchased in December and is yours for only $5 ($12.95 savings) with every $50 you spend. Order $100, get 2...and so on.  When ordering on my website, you'll be prompted to add your set(s) before you check out. Easy, peasy!










No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails