|Valentine card made with the beautiful January Stamp of the Month|
Before I talk about this card, here are a few reminders:
1. GUESS AND WIN! Don't forget to go to this post and guess where Dawson will be called to serve his 2-year LDS mission for a chance at a FREE ($40 value) "Whooo's Your Valentine" Kit.
2. PLAY GROUP DEADLINE: TODAY (Tues, Jan 29) is the LAST day to order your kit to participate in my February Play Group Scrappin' classes (using Clementine papers). See the details in this post. Call or email me today to place your order.
|One of the three 2-page 12" x 12" layouts we are making in my February Play Group Scrappin' Classes|
3. STAMP OF THE MONTH DEADLINE: There are only 2 more days to order the Stamp of the Month (featured in this post). You can call or email me to order (801.360.9896, firstname.lastname@example.org), or you can order on my website. It's only $5 ($17.95 value) with each $50 you order. You will be prompted to add it before you check out.
|January Stamp of the Month|
Now, back to the card. I have loved working with the elegant January Stamp of the Month. Here is another shot of the card to help you see a bit more detail:
|Valentine card detail shot|
And, here are some technique explanations:
- I sponged the dimensional element larger heart with Saddle ink and my Round Sponge and then sponged around just the edges with Chocolate ink.
- I sponged just the edges of the smaller heart with Saddle ink.
- I random stamped one of the flowers on Cashmere cardstock to create my background piece and then used my trusty spray pen filled to the first line with Saddle reinker and then to the third line with water and sprayed the background piece. I love this look!
- The circle and scalloped circle were cute on my Cricut with the wonderful Art Philosophy cartridge (over 700 images!) and after I glued those two together I mounted them on my card with 3D foam tape.
Close To My Heart products used on Valentine card: January Stamp of the Month, Cashmere Cardstock, Saddle Cardstock, Saddle Pad, Saddle Reinker, Chocolate Pad, Heart Dimensional Elements, Mocha Opaque Gems, Cocoa Ribbon Collection, Spray Pen, Round Sponge, 3D Foam Tape, Cricut Art Philosophy Collection Colonial White Value Pack of Cards and Envelopes.