Here are a few details of how I created this 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card:
- I stamped my icon and sentiment (from the National Stamping Month "You Are Happy" triple stamp set) in Black Archival Ink on a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of White Daisy Cardstock
- I stamped the icon again on a scratch piece of White Daisy Cardstock
- I outlined the edge of the 4" x 5 1/4" square, using a ruler, about 1/8" in with a black archival pen (.03 size)
- I then colored the cute little hedgehog with my trusty Watercolor Pencils. I love how you can create such depth with them, so easily.
- I cut out the fluffy part of the hedgehog (whatever that is really called) on the hedgie I stamped on my scratch sheet and used 3D Foam Tape to attach it (you can see that better in the detail shot above). Now would be a great time to mention our new non-stick scissors, so I think I will. They are perfect for cutting 3D Foam tape, or anything sticky. In fact, I use them for EVERYTHING! I love 'em!
- I mounted this on a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" piece of Saddle Cardstock.
- I then mounted that on a standard size white card from our White Daisy Cards and Envelopes Value Pack.
Here is what all 3 carrier sheets of the stamp set looks like (actual size is 6" x 6"):