pin it button

Monday, March 21, 2016

Watercolor Plaid Card


I decided to do a little experimenting with my watercolor paints and see if I could come up with a fun plaid background for this 5" x 7" card. I was pretty pleased with the results. It's not perfect, but that's kind of the "thing" with watercolors. I like that some parts are lighter, some are darker, and that some lines are a little squiggly.

I used the March Stamp of the Month with this card.  Don't forget this set is available only in March and is only $5 ($12.95 savings) with each $50 you order (before shipping and tax).  Order $100, get 2...and so on. When ordering on my website, you'll be prompted to add your set(s) before checking out.

I even used my watercolors to paint the words and the center of the sun.  I actually stamped the sun twice, once on the card and once on a scrap piece of watercolor paper. I then painted the center of the sun on my scrap, cut it out, and mounted it with 3D Foam Tape on my card. I really like that little "pop".









1 comment:

Mary Gunn FUNN said...

I love it! Keeping your little Sunshine in prayer.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails