pin it button

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Scrapbook Album Formula Worksheet



Yesterday I promised you an Album Formula Worksheet to go along with your Photo Organization handout (see yesterday's first post). By using these two handouts, you can be well on your way to feeling organized and ready to scrap at any time! WOO HOO!

In the next few days I will post some photos of an album or two that I have made that follows this formula worksheet. I love using this sheet and love how my albums turn out when I do.


Simple Scrapbooks Formula Worksheet

Created by: Stacey Julian and slightly modified by Karen Pedersen

Use this handy form to help you plan and make a scrapbook. These nine questions will help you make decisions about format and organization. U se the back to sketch design schemes, attach paper swatches, and make a shopping list to take with you when shopping for your supplies (like when you come to Karen’s house for Play Group). Keep this sheet in your scrapbook or scrapbook file as a reference for creating and updating your album.

PURPOSE
1. Why am I making this album? Ask yourself:
*Who or what am I celebrating (child’s life, vacation, relationship or hobby)?
*What emotions do I want to capture (romance, gratitude, remembrance)?
*How will I use this album (gift, showcase, yearly update)?


FORMAT
2. What size and style of album** will I use (12 x 12, 6 x 6, Braggin’ Tag, Acrylic, 4 x 6 Three Ring, etc.)

**Close To My Heart has many sizes and types of albums to choose from:
-My Legacy Albums: 6" x 6", 9" x 9" and 12" x 12" post bound albums in linen, simulated leather and leather, many colors to choose from, that range in price from $18.95 to $49.95. All 3 sizes of these in various colors of linen are pictured here.
-My Creations 3 Ring , 4" x 6" Binder (coming May 1! Z1141, $5.95)
-My Creations Circle Album, 4 3/4" diameter, 2 chipboard covers, 10 cardstock pages (Z1017, $4.95)
- My Creations Acrylic Mini Album, 6 1/4" x 7", 8 pages, use both sides (Z1117, $14.95)
-Braggin' Tags Mini-Album, 7 1/4" x 4 1/4", 2 chipboard covers and 10 cardstock pages (Z1012, $4.95)
-My Creations Memory Showcase, accordion-style album with 2 chipboard covers and 6 pages inside. 6" x 6" (Z1195, $3.95) or 9" x 9" (Z1198, $5.95) sizes
-My Creations Display Album, can stand to display photos or be sued as a book. Chipboard covers with 12 spiral bound page protectors. 6" x 6" (Z1054, $7.95)
-3" x 3" Mini Album. 8 page protectors inside. Kraft (Z1165) or Cream (Z1166). ($3.95)




3. How will I organize my album (check one)?
  • chronological highlights (monthly pages or by event)
  • Theme (holidays, vacations, school)
  • Favorites (photos I love, collections, etc.)
  • Alpha-numeric (ABC book, top-10 list)
  • Question and Answer (interview style, use of questionnaire)
  • Other (Don’t feel constrained by someone else’s guidelines, imagine the possibilities and blur the lines)



4. What framework pages will I include in the album (check each one you plan to include)?
  • Title page
  • Dedication page
  • Table of Contents
  • Section pages
  • Filler pages
  • Closing page
  • Other





5. What is my color scheme? (Attach your Close To My Heart color swatches to the back of this sheet.)




6. What decorative accents will I use?




7. How will I arrange my photos and journaling on the framework and filler pages to create a unified look and feel? (This is your design scheme. Close To My Heart how-to books will help you a great deal (Cherish, Imagine, Reflections).




PREPARATION
8. Do I need to gather additional information (such as stories, names and dates)? If yes, what? Who do I need to contact?




9. What photos do I need to complete the album? Do I have all of the photographs or do I need to contact someone or take more photos?



HELPFUL DEFINITIONS
Framework: A group of pages that provides the ‘skeletal’ structure for an album. Included title page, table of contents, etc.

Title Page: lists your album’s name, date and other identifying information. Sets the style for your entire album by introducing selected colors and accents.
Dedication/Introduction page (optional): A place to explain our reasons behind the album or dedicate it to a specific person. Sometimes included on the cover or title page.

Table of contents (optional): Provides a quick overview of what’s included in your book, usually listing section titles. Often establishes a design characteristic that’s used for each section, such as a specific color or decorative accent.

Section pages (optional): Introduces and separates each album section (if you’re using sections).

Filler pages: Provide the body of your album and contain your photos and journaling, as well as design elements carried over from your framework pages.

Closing page (optional): Provides a place for a closing photo, an album summary, or an appropriate quote.

Materials file: A place to gather photos and supplies before you begin, as well as store your completed formula and information or supplies you’ll need for future updates.

Format: The physical characteristics of the album and it’s contents, including the album size and the way the album is organized (“top-ten list”, “favorites”, etc.)

Design scheme: the way elements are arranged on a page. A consistent design scheme visually ties the pages together, lending continuity to an album.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails