pin it button

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Sierra


I was looking through so of my older scrapbooks today and came across a layout from 2007 that I had forgotten all about. It is definitely one of my favorites.

I just love this photo of my niece, Sierra and I wanted to scrapbook it in a way that captured the innocence and beauty of a 6 year old on the beach. I just love it when one of my photos turns out perfectly. It doesn't happen often, but this one did.

To represent the mood of the photo, I weathered all of my papers (all Close To My Heart) by sanding, scissor distressing, and even tearing them a little bit. I created the ruffle on the bottom by taking some Close To My Heart Background and Texture Paper and haphazardly folding it back and forth to resemble a ruffle. I topped it off with some baby pink gingham ribbon accents. The letters aren't Close To My Heart, but when I saw them I new they would be perfect with the sand in the photo. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Rick and Kori said...

This is one of my all-time favorite layouts you have ever done! You are right, that picture couldn't have turned out more perfect. What a great little photographer you are!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails