pin it button

Friday, September 25, 2009

Super Saturday










One of the other things that I did last week was to help put on Super Saturday for the church women's organization (the Relief Society) that I am president of. I am so lucky to work with women who are talented, dependable and full of joy doing their jobs! Mary M. and her committee were amazing putting on this day of crafting, service, food and fun. Thank you, ladies! I love my church job!

We filled the day (10 am - 4 pm) with wood craft classes, a stitching class, card making classes, a digital scrapbooking class, a candy making class, a soap dispenser class, a hair flowers/bows class, a beautiful buffet lunch, a clothing exchange (and all left-over clothing was donated to Deseret Industries) and a quilt that was tied to donate to the Humantarian Aid Center. What a day! THANK YOU to all of the teachers of the classes who so willingly and graciously shared their talents with the women who attended.

I am so grateful for the women who continually enrich my life. What a blessed woman I am!

5 comments:

Rick and Kori said...

This super saturday was so much fun! Thanks for inviting me.

Jamie Harder said...

Looks like it was a blast!!!

Rhett and Tiffanie Jackson said...

wow! karen...how do you do it all! you are amazing! I need your energy!...awesome job...I am in charge of the "scrap" project for our Super Saturday in Nov...they just asked me! I am thinking about the new Chip Board Mini Album or the 6x6" accordion album, or maybe....lol
to many decisions! (I am thinking the cube only done as a decoration using the sweet home paper and the word HOME....) we will see! ttyl ..gotta get ready for fb myself...good luck tonight!

Paige said...

Hi Karen I am also a CTMH consultant - I would love to have a day at our church like this - can you please email more details. Was there a fee you charged? did all the items that the women made go to a charity or did they keep them? thanks so much for sharing.

Alanna said...

What a fun day. I love Super Saturday's.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails