pin it button

Friday, February 12, 2010

Another D












2 "D's" down and one to go. Here is Daci's Valentine card. I know I have kind of stuck with the black, colonial white, bamboo and cranberry theme with all of my Valentines this year, but I had to do the pink thing for a my little granddaughter's card. Feel free to click on any photo to see it larger.

I used the sketch this week at Mojo Monday (#125) and stuck with the black but instead of Colonial White, I went with White Daisy and then accented with pinks (Baby Pink and Blush...all colors Close To My Heart).

You may notice that the circle behind the 'd' is a gorgeous textured cardstock. I just used a piece of fine grit sandpaper (Sanding Kit - Z1294) to sand it so the texture came through even more. As you know, during the month of February, CTMH is running an amazing campaign to help the medical relief efforts in Haiti. If you buy one package of our 12" x 12" Textured Cardstock Combos (Basic: X5747, Spring: X5681, Summer: X5745, Autumn: X5669), you get one FREE...and $2 of your purchase goes to help Haiti. Cool, right? You can order your Textured Cardstock, as well as any other CTMH products you are dying to have on my website here (24/7!).

I also added a bit of 'bling' to the 'd' (hopefully you can see it in the photo) in the form of prisma glitter. I first coated the letter with liquid glass (a great clear liquid glaze) and then sprinkled with prisma glitter.

Close To My Heart products used: Connections Stamp Set (D1330), Silhouette Level 2 Paper Pack (X7090B), Basic Textured Cardstock Combo Pack (X5747), Daydream Level 2 Paper Pack (X7108B), Designer Ribbon Rounds Black Collection (Z1034), Spring Craft Buttons (Z1281), Blush Waxy Flax (Z1128), Dimensional Elements Simple Alphabet Lowercase (Z1048), Liquid Glass (Z679), Prisma Glitter (Z134), Corner Rounder (Z578), Black Stamp Pad (Z2105), Round Sponge (Z697), Sanding Kit (Z1294).

Non- CTMH products used: Marvy punches.

6 comments:

Laurel said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Melanie said...

Another BEAUTIFUL creation! Thanks for sharing!

cnelson said...

Oh so sweet!! Love how you flipped the sketch!

Rick and Kori said...

I LOVE this card! So beautiful. Love how you blinged up the "D" :)

Karla Kroese said...

Such a sweet card. I love the pink and black combo - so NEEDED for your sweet granddaughter!

Stamp With Heart said...

Karen - The card is beautiful! I love every detail!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails