pin it button

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

October Stamp of the Month Layout, German Pancakes Recipe, and Our Week

October Stamp of the Month (Scandinavian Wishes) Layout
 One whole week since my last post? Where did it go?  I know....
  • 2 scrapbooking classes to teach
  • trip to Cedar City to watch Easton play football
  • marketing meetings
  • webinars
  • church meetings
  • General Conference 
  • decorating for Autumn
  • and just every day life
I'm sure you're all busy in your lives too, so thanks for stopping by and taking the time to follow my blog!  I'll share a few photos from this week at the end of the post but first, let's take care of a little business and special reminders:

1.  The layout you see above was made with the beautiful October Stamp of the Month (Scandinavian Wishes).  As you may remember I am working on putting together a scrapbook of my favorite family recipes.  I try to make at least one page per month for this book.  This one is my Aunt Sheila's German Pancakes.  We have them every Christmas morning (recipe below).  The October Stamp of the Month is only available in October (hence the name!) and is only $5 ($17.985 value) with a $50 order.  You can order through me, or directly through my website.  Here's a detail shot:
Detail shot

October Stamp of the Month: carrier sheet actual size is 6" x 6"

Aunt Sheila's German Pancakes
Makes one 9" x 13" pan

Prehead oven to 400*

Put 6 T. butter in a 9" x 13" baking pan (I like pyrex ones for this) and put in oven to melt.

Mix well in blender (use a blender because it makes the mixture more airy so it will puff up better than if you use a mixer):
6 eggs
1 C. flour
1 C. milk
1/2 t. salt

Pour in hot pan of melted butter. Bake 15-18 minutes.

You can top them with butter and syrup, powdered sugar, fruit and whipped cream, yogurt, or just about anything.  Have fun!

CTMH products used on layout: October Stamp of the Month, Classy Doily Stamp Set, Smoothie Cardstock, Lagoon Cardstock, Colonial White Cardstock, Frosted Paper Pack, Slate Stamp Pad, Smoothie Stamp Pad, Lagoon Stamp Pad, Lagoon Houndstooth Washi Tape, Pink Glitter Gel, Silver Metallic Marker, Blending Pen, 3D Foam Tape.

2.  Don't forget that the Holiday Gift Guide goes live on October 15 and you can order from it through December 31.

This little book is full of holiday goodness. There is a GREAT special that goes with it too. For every $100 order you place from this little book (or the Autumn/Winter Catalog) between October 15 and December 31, you get a FREE item. You can choose from any of the items in the Holiday Gift Guide that have a star next to them as your FREEBIE! WOO HOO!  Be sure to check back here on my blog as October 15 nears for artwork I've created from products int he guide as well as a link to view the guide page by delicious page.  I'm also happy to mail you one. Just email me (pedermom@aol.com) and let me know you want one, and be sure to include your mailing address and I'll drop one in the mail pronto!

3. A few quick photos from this week. We also got some pictures from Dawson, who is serving a 2-year mission for our church in Australia that I'll include. 
Our little Sage turned 2 months.
Some of my girls and I at the football game (Daysha {Easton's wife}, me, and Brookley {Tannon's girlfriend} on top.  Sage on the bottom.  She was giving raspberries to let you all know what she thought of the game. We lost. RRRRRRGGGGGHHHH! We were missing our other girls, who must be our good luck charms. Kori, Daci and Livvi, we missed you! 
Fall Decorations. Kori, Daci, Livvi and Street came to help. Kori and Daci were a big help. Livvi and Street mostly decorated my house with graham crackers instead. :)

Dawson's first baptism

P-day (they get one day off a week. It's called P-day {stands for Preparation Day}. They usually do their laundry, grocery shop, prepare for the next week, and do something fun on p-day. They went to the jungle this time.

Just another day in Australia...
 Have a great day, everyone! Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Casandra Bennett said...

You must be so proud of the young men and lady you raised. I am in the early stages of my faith, even though I've always had a strong belief in God and the goodness He brings. Each week in church shows me something new and how it pertains to my life, and I feel stronger and more loved than I have in a long time. God is good.

Brenda said...

Oh Karen, your posts are always filled with so much goodness! The layout is absolutely wonderful! How did Sage get to be 2 months already? Glad to hear that Tannon has a girlfriend, and it looks like Dawson is serving the mission of a lifetime! One more thing - I bet you sweep up those graham cracker crumbs with great joy!

Amy Pitts said...

German pancake...what do you eat with this? I have never heard of such a thing but it sounds yummy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails