pin it button

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Heartfelt Wishes Card and a Little Football

"Avonlea again?" you ask. "But of course!" I reply.  I love Avonlea and can't get enough of it.  Not only do I love the colors and patterns of this kit, but I love the name. When I was a little girl (and okay, even as an adult) I loved the Anne of Green Gables and Anne of Avonlea books.  This paper pack just makes me think of those wonderful stories.

This little 4" x 4" card is full of more Avonlea goodness.  I used 2 of the patterned papers from this kit (see the mind colored paper on the far left and the larger floral on the far right?) and then created my own pattern in the middle by embossing the doily from the new Pirouette stamp set with my Versamark Pad and White Daisy Embossing Powder on the beautiful Avonlea Teal Cardstock that comes only in the Avonlea paper pack. I finished it off by embossing the "heartfelt wishes" sentiment (from the Card Chatter Sympathy stamp set) with Cocoa Embossing Powder on a piece of Avonlea White Cardstock and mounting that on some Chocolate Cardstock and mounted it with 3D Foam Tape. Chocolate Cardstock is not included in this kit, but I use  it with it all the time. I think it blends perfectly. For the finishing touches I added a Chocolate Ribbon (on clearance for $4 right now!) knot and a few Pearl Opaques.

Here is a quick detail shot for you as well:
For your convenience I have linked you to the products I used on this card in the wording above. You can order these and dozens of other wonderful Close To My Heart products on my website, 24/7!

Are you sick of my football pics yet? If so, click out of this post now because I'm about to share a few more of Dawson (#10) from the past couple of weeks.  You had fair warning...  (Thanks to Mark Spencer Pics for taking the most awesome photos of Springville High School sports.  He does such a great job!)

vs. Maple Mountain, 9/7/12

vs. Maple Mountain, 9/7/12

vs. Timpanogos, 9/14/12

vs. Timpanogos, 9/14/12

vs. Timpanogos, 9/14/12
 Have a great day! 



2 comments:

Laurel said...

Another stunning card and awesome photos!

cnelson said...

Gorgeous card!! LOVE the color palette! FAB football photos! LOVED your family pic on Facebook!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails