pin it button

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

LOVE Card - Great for Weddings or Anniversaries

I'm back today to share a card I put together last week with the Avonlea papers. I thought it turned out kinda nicely!

The card base is a 5"x 7" Colonial White card (just cut your card stock 7" x 10" and fold in half). I added a 4 3/4" x 6 3/4" piece of seafoamy patterned paper from the Avonlea Paper Pack.  I then cut a 3/4" x 4" piece of the large floral patterned paper from the Avonlea Paper Pack. I mounted that on a 1" x 4" piece of Chocolate Cardstock.  I also cut a 4" and 4 1/2" Colonial White Cardstock circles and a 4 1/4" Chocolate Cardstock scalloped circle (all with the Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge).  I embossed the doily stamp from the new (and much loved by me) Pirouette stamp set with my Versamark Stamp Pad and some Cocoa Embossing Powder.  I made the pinwheel in the middle with the small floral mint patterned paper from the Avonlea Paper Pack.  The word "LOVE" was made using our new Irresistbles Houndstooth Alphabet. It is white chipboard that comes with with a clear embossed houndstooth pattern on each letter. All you do to create a little color is sponge some ink from a stamp pad (I used my Chocolate Pad) on top. The embossed part resists the color. Cool beans!  Lastly, I added a button and satin bow.  Voila. I think this is a perfect card for a wedding or anniversary.  In fact, I liked it so much that I made several.  I hope you liked it too.

You can shop for the products I used on this card, and so many other awesome products on my website 24/7...even in your jammies!


7 comments:

Nancy Ball said...

What a lovely card. I know where to get all of my ideas for using Pirouette from!

Brenda said...

I love this LOVE card! It is sitting on my shelf, and I get to see it often. Lovely work!!

Christine Adams said...

"LOVE" this card - and stamp set! So many wonderful details!

Laurel said...

Gorgeous!

Lynn said...

Lovely card. You are rockin' the Avonlea line! I must get those houndstooth letters now.

Nicole Norris said...

Love your card. Fabulous my friend! I want to be as artistic as you when I grow up.

Unknown said...

Love that pinwheel flower, so perfectly matched up. I see a CASE for my niece's wedding tomorrow!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails