pin it button

Monday, April 15, 2013

Happy Mail and Happy Birthday, Dawson!



Last week I went to the mail box and lo and behold, what did I find there?  A BEAUTIFUL card from my dear friend and downline, Brenda Rose.   This card has so many yummy details that I sat and stared at it for a while before I even opened it up to read the note (which, by the way, was just as beautiful as the card).  Thank you, Brenda! I  love it!

Here's a little detail shot:

Yesterday  was my "baby," Dawson Danner Pedersen's birthday.  He's 19 years old.  I can't believe it! Where did the time go?  To celebrate, Dawson, Dan-the-Man and I went shopping on Friday for more things he needs for his mission to Australia, went to the new movie 42 (I highly recommend it!) and to dinner at Olive Garden.  Yesterday, on his actual birthday, we had his grandparents over for dinner. Dawson chose chicken enchiladas, green salad, fresh fruit, deviled eggs (I know that doesn't really go with the dinner, but he wanted them anyway.  Birthday boy ruled.), chips and salsa and Spanish rice. Yum!  Instead of a birthday cake he wanted Scotcheroos.  Again, his wish was my command.  It was a great dinner. The only thing that would have made the meal better was having all of our other kids and their families in town to share it too. You can find my recipes for the following things at these links:  Chicken Enchiladas, Deviled Eggs, Scotcheroos.

I had to take a little walk down Dawson Memory Lane today. Please indulge me...












Have a great week! I'm headed out of town on business so you probably won't hear from me for a few days.

















2 comments:

Rick and Kori said...

LOVE Brenda's card and LOVE the Dawson tribute. He was the cutest little boy! Happy birthday, Daws!

Laurel said...

It is a beautiful card! Love all the photos!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails