pin it button

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Birthday Card and Matching Gift Bag



Do you ever go to the store and find a darling gift bag or roll or wrapping paper, but you want your card to match? I certainly do.  Last week was our little grandson, Stade's 2nd birthday.  I found a fun gift bag at Target and decided to make a card to match. When you make your cards,  you can make them match whatever bag or paper you'd like!

I started with the Sweet Birthday Stamp Set,  which can also be purchased in a set that includes the Sweet Birthday Stamp Set and the Die Cuts to go with it, then chose my colors to match the gift bag. I've included a list of all of the products I used, as well as photos and links for your convenience, at the end of this post.



Here's the card with the gift bag. Don't they look cute together?


I stamped my cupcake in Black Memento Ink, then used my watercolors to color it in.  The 2's and the "Let's Celebrate" sentiments, I embossed in white.  I love the look of white embossing on color, don't you?  I used some Shin Han Alcohol Markers to color in the confetti on the top of the cupcake, then used my Clear Shimmer Brush to add some glitter to the cupcake. Everything looks even better with a little bling!


Lastly, I made the inside of my card tie in with the front by adding a little banner with a sentiment, and two candles.

Sweet!  Have fun matching your creations to your gift wrap. It makes a beautiful combination!







1 comment:

Laurel said...

Cute set Karen :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails