pin it button

Friday, August 24, 2012

He's Home

He's home. We are just a little bit excited. The pictures say it all.  The only pic that we didn't get that I am so sad about was his hug with his Dad. I don't know how we missed it and Dan would never ASK to have his picture taken. No way.  In fact, he is usually the one trying to figure out how NOT to have his picture taken.  When I downloaded these I realized he really succeeded. Darn! The photo of the group has everyone in it that went to the airport to meet Tannon on his return except for Kori, who was taking the picture.  That's all the writing I'm doing today. I have 2 years worth of catching up to do with my boy.

Please forgive the horrible pictures. The lighting in the airport is NOT conducive to good picture taking.  We all look more than a little yellow. Oh well.
Kori and I waiting and waiting and waiting for that plane to land.

All of us waiting (except for Kori, who was taking the photo). l-r: Cousin Paige, Aunt Cindy, Me (the mamma!), Dawson (brother), Uncle Steve, Rick (Kori's hubby), Daci (Kori's daughter), Aunt Gaylyne, Dan-the-Man (the papi), Grandma O, Grandpa P, Grandpa O and in front: Cousin Griffin.

Coming down the escalator.  At this point my heart was pounding out of my chest. I did at least wait for him to reach the bottom of the stairs before I ran in for the hug.

The first T-Man hug in 2 years
Trying not to do the ugly cry

Bros:  Tannon and Dawson

Daci, Kori, Tannon and Rick (the twins were with Rick's parents asleep)
Tannon and Jacob, best friends since 4th grade
Since Easton and Daysha couldn't make the 3 hour trip until Sunday (Easton has football and Daysha is performing), we face-timed the return with them instead.

13 comments:

Carol Loftus said...

Pictures so sweet they made me cry!

Sheila Wilkerson said...

somebody pass me a tissue! So happy for your family reunion.

cnelson said...

So EXCITING!! I'm so happy for you all!!!

Amy Pitts said...

Feeling a little misty eyed! So happy he is home. You all look so so so happy!

Brenda said...

Well, you have me in tears! Don't type for awhile - catch up with that precious kid of yours!!

amcgrew said...

GREAT photos! A Beautiful family reunion. ENJOY having all your children home, Karen!!!!

Amy said...

I seriously got tears looking at these pics! You can just see the happiness and excitement on everyone's faces!! Totally made me look into the future of when I'm in that exact same situation!! What an amazing feeling to see your Tannon complete the best two years of his life!! Love ya girl!!

Unknown said...

How absolutely wonderful to have him home!! Enjoy your warm family this week and having them all home together again!

Renae McBarron said...

I am so happy for you! I still have another 7 months to go before my son heads home fromhismission in Brazil. It is so nice to see them coming home!

Anonymous said...

We are so Happy your successful, handsome, awesome missionary has made it home safely! I can only imagine what it must feel like to be able to squeeze your baby after two years even if he does tower over you! Welcome home Elder Pedersen its wonderful to have you home and seeing your happy family who missed you so much!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, beautiful pictures, my friend. What a good looking young man, and even more after knowing he devotedly spent the last two years serving God. Incredible!

NancyK said...

That's at least 3 times your joy has brought tears of happiness in my eyes! And we don't even know each other! Congrats on Tannon's safe return. Thanks for your awesome blog. (from one of Cindy Baker's downline).

bren yule said...

SOOoooo happy for you all! You are beaming my friend! And rightly so!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails