pin it button

Saturday, May 9, 2015

Homemade Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe


Tomorrow is not only Mother's Day, but our daughter, Kori's birthday.  Usually, Dan the Man is in charge of dinner on Mother's Day, but since he is flat down with back problems, I'm doing the dinner this year.  I don't mind because I love to cook and since it's also Kori's birthday, I wanted to make it really special.  For dessert I decided to make homemade ice cream sandwiches.  And, since I'm feeling extra generous, I thought I'd share the recipe with you.  Don't worry, it's easy, peasy, lemon squeezy!

Cookies  (makes 20-30 cookies, depending on the size you make them, so 10-15 sandwiches):
1 box chocolate cake mix (I like Betty Crocker's Butter Recipe Chocolate)
3/4 cup shortening (I like butter flavor shortening)
2 large eggs

Mix this together and form into balls (about the size of a ping pong ball or a bit larger).  Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 350* for 8-13 minutes (depending on your oven and how done you like your cookies).  Cool in cooling rack.


 Once cool, fill with ice cream (my favorite is Tillamook Vanilla Bean).

Wrap sandwiches tightly in plastic and then foil and freeze. I like mine extra frozen so we make them at least a day or two ahead.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails