pin it button

Monday, February 20, 2012

Thinking of You Card Made with the Close To My Heart "Lucy" Paper Pack and a Recipe (Chicken Parmesan Bake)

Back again today with another of my "Lucy" creations.  Are you sick of them yet? I hope not because I have one more to share after today.  I hope my $2000 sellers in one month team members are enjoying the displays I created for them.

I intentionally made this 5" x 7" card feel different from the rest of the items in the display. I wanted it to be an example of how different something made with the same colors and stamps can look when you change up your style and featured color a little bit.

I stamped the Creme Brulee paper with the large flower outline stamp from the Lucy Workshop on the Go stamp set with Creme Brulee ink (tone-on-tone stamping) to create the background. The focal point is the same flower with outline stamped in Grey Wool and the solid inner stamp done in Creme Brulee.  then shaded a bit on top of the stamping with my Watercolor Pencils and then blended just a tad with my Waterbrush.  I filled the center of the flower with our beautiful (and so often used by me!) Licorice OpaquesThe sentiment is also stamped in Grey Wool ink. Voila! Simple and pretty, at least I hope that's the effect.


Close To My Heart products used:  Lucy Workshop on the Go Stamp Set, Card Chatter Sympathy Stamp Set, Lucy Level 2 Paper Pack, Creme Brulee Stamp Pad, Grey Wool Stamp Pad, Watercolor Pencils, Waterbrush, Licorice Opaques, 3D Foam Tape (to pop the focal point square up off the card a bit).

You can shop for these and so many other wonderful products on my website 24/7.  Be sure to check out the February Close To My Heart specials here before you do!

I also wanted to share a yummy recipe with you all. I found this recipe on Pinterest a couple of months ago and tried it with my family. They loved it!  I have made it a couple of times since then. This past week, I had the basketball team lunch at my house. Dawson requested that I make this (of course, as you probably already know, Dawson has Celiac Disease so I also made a gluten free version...I'll make notes in the recipe for those of you who need your recipe gluten-free) for the team.  I served it with garlic bread and Salad de Maison, with Scotcheroos for dessert. The boys loved it.  Yay!


Chicken Parmesan Bake (the end of Chicken Parmesan as you know it!)

Ingredients:
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
hot red pepper flakes, to taste
6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 cups marinara sauce (for gluten free, use Prego Traditional sauce...actually I use this for both. I love this sauce!)
1/4 cup chopped basil
8 oz mozzarella, shredded
4 oz Parmesan, grated
1 (5-oz) package garlic croutons (I found some gluten free croutons at my local health food store)

Instructions:
In a 9" x 13" casserole dish combine olive oil, garlic and hot red pepper flakes and spread to cover whole bottom of dish.  Lay washed and trimmed chicken breasts on top of this.  Spread sauce on top.  Next sprinkle your chopped basil on top of the sauce.  Next layer is cheese (both kinds) evenly distributed on sauce (save a little cheese for final layer). Croutons go on top of this then the rest of the cheese. Bake at 350 degrees uncovered for 35-40 minutes (until chicken is done).  

Enjoy! 


4 comments:

cnelson said...

Scrumptious!!! *Both your card (I just love yellow and gray) and that recipe!!! TFS!!!

Rick and Kori said...

Oh my goodness, I definitely need to make this recipe (if I can ever find the time!). And I LOVE what you did with the opaques. When I opened the post I immediately thought, "I love the center of that flower! I wonder what it is." Then I read on to see that you made it with the opaques. Very creative :)

Lori said...

Sounds so yummy. My tummy is growling for some.

turpkir said...

Thank you for this recipe. My hubby and I had bariatric surgery a few months ago and we cannot have any white flour (aka pasta) anymore. I love that this recipe doesn't call for pasta. We have found that we can do a little bit of croutons, but not regular bread. So, this is perfect. Thanks so much! It's in the oven right now!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails