pin it button

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Simply Inspired Close To My Heart New Product Showcase Blog Hop


Welcome to another Simply Inspired Blog Hop!

I get so excited about these Simply Inspired blog hops and am so honored to be included in such a talented group of artists!  I'm sure this hop will not disappoint! 




If you have come here from the beautiful and brilliant Beckie Lehman's blog  you are on the right path. This blog hop is a great big circle, so you can start here and work your way all around. If you get lost along the way, you'll find the complete list of participating consultants here.

This hop we are featuring brand new Close To My Heart products that will make their debut with the new Idea Book on August 1.  I'll talk about the new products I used on my projects as well as giving you their names and order numbers so that on August 1 you can refer back to this post and easily order the products you love from my website.


One of the fun new products that Close To My Heart is coming out with is a darling kraft colored (with a fun pattern) cupcake box.  It's perfect for cupcakes, or even cookies, or whatever your creative mind can come up with, when wanting to package them up really cute as a gift.  Along with the embellished cupcake box, I created a matching card.

Fall Cupcake Box

Fabulous Fall 5" x 5" card

Card Detail

Products I used that are debuting on my website on August 1:
  • Pathfinding Paper Packet (X7186B)
  • Glacier Cardstock  (X5770)
  • Shin Han Alcohol Markers (Golden Yellow - Y222 {Z2453}, Marigold - YR24 {Z2457}, Carmine - R11 {Z2448}, Clay - BR2451 {Z2451})
  • Slate Diagonal Striped Ribbon (Z1989)
  • Designer Creations Cupcake Box (Z2049)
Products I used that are current and orderable now (with links to them on my site):
Wondering how to get this awesome shaded look with the new Shin Han alcohol markers?  Never fear...I've created a little tutorial for you on how I did the maple leaf.



I hope you enjoyed my projects. Be sure to stop by Friday for the new Idea Book debut!

Now hop on over to the lovely Lynn Como's blog to see her work!  Be sure to visit all of the Close To My Heart Consultants in the hop to get some great crafting ideas.  There are 18 of us hoppin' this time and you won't want to miss a single project.


18 comments:

Unknown said...

Super duper cuteness! I love the tutorial too! I do love the markers!! Very nice!

Unknown said...

Karen...absolutely stunning artwork. Love the colors and markers and you're tutorial is awesome. Thanks so much for sharing your creativity.

Lisa Stenz said...

WOWZA! Do you ever create anything that I just don't absolutely fall madly in love with? Your box and card are beautiful. Thanks for the great tutorial too! *Ü*

Stampin n da Hood said...

Excellent blending tutorial using our new markers! beautiful projects, too!

Sheila Bennett said...

Fabulous tutorial for coloring/shading with the markers. Thanks so much for putting it together and sharing!

Blythe said...

Love it. That card is gorgeous!

bren said...

Oh Queenie my friend, this is stunning!!! And it makes me crave a cupcake! OK, time to get out and play with the new markers!

Brenda said...

Oh Karen! What beautiful work and I am really appreciative of the tutorial! You are the bestest!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful Karen!

Unknown said...

Holy Marker Madness!!! LOVE your work! I'm so happy we can still find the joy in coloring as adults. :) Thanks for the tutorial, I need it!

Amy Pitts said...

This is gorgeous. Love your shading.

AaronB said...

You ladies are so awesome. I look forward to this every month! Those leaves are so real!

Katy said...

It's all in the packaging and THIS IS GORGEOUS!!! I absolutely LOVE all the details and your coloring is phenomenal especially the metallic marker...genius!!!

Melissa Robinson said...

AMAZING work on that color, gf! THANKS so much for the progressive photos! Gonna try it out myself! CUTE items, especially the cupcake box. May I have what's inside? :)

Lynn said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for the great tutorial.

Nancy Ball said...

I love the card and box. Thank you for the tutorial, also. I think I'll go and bake cupcakes now!

Krista Hershberger ---- Krista's Crafty with CTMH said...

I learn something from you each time I read your posts! Your artwork is BEAUTIFUL and thank you so very much, for sharing the details! Love your coloring with our new markers...I need all the tips I can get in coloring!! :)

Pam said...

Just Gorgeous!! Love your tutorial, thanks for sharing it with us!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails