pin it button

Friday, February 12, 2016

Hello Card and Technique Instructions


Each Friday in February I'll be sharing an art project using the February special stamp set: Share the Love.  

Watercoloring is all the rage right now.  Some people are a little intimidated by the technique, so today I thought I'd share a watercolor idea that ANYONE can do. This card is a standard card (5 1/2" x 4 1/4).  I cut a 2" x 5 1/4" strip of watercolor paper and did a wash by using the following steps:
  • Lightly "wash" watercolor paper with water and a brush. I like the widest brush in the set for this.
  • Load your paintbrush with water and a color of watercolor paint, swipe it back and forth the short way along the strop. I started with a turquoise/green color, loaded up again and went to a blue, and then loaded up again with a purple until I had filled the whole strip with colors that gradually melted into each other.  Don't be afraid to add more water to your brush and go back over your 'masterpiece' if it's too dark, or to add more color if it feels to light. You don't have to be perfect.  The variety and variance of color/intensity is what gives it personality.
  • Let your watercolor strip dry and then stamp an image or sentiment using a Black Memento Pad (my fave!). I chose the telephone from the "Share the Love" exclusive stamp set this month.

This stamp set is available in February for only $17.95.  $7 of that goes straight to Operation Smile to help a child with cleft palate surgery who would never be able to get it otherwise.  Not only are you helping  a child in need, but you are also getting a darn cute stamp set. Win/win!!!! Close To My Heart has been supporting Operation Smile for many years now. I am proud to be part of a company that cares about more than just itself.  We donate tens of thousands to Operation Smile every year.


Here's a little closer detail of the watercolor wash. Every time I pull out this set, I find myself singing Adele's "Hello", Lionel Richie's "Hello", or Drake's "Hot Line Bling." At least I'm entertaining myself while stamping, right?  *wink*








No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails