pin it button

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

GG's Peach Cobbler Layout

Do you have favorite family recipes that you use?  Maybe recipes from your grandmother or great grandmother, or even a favorite aunt? I certainly do!  Some of my favorite recipes come not only from my own mother, but from my grandmother and my aunts Connie, Carol and Sheila.  I love that by making their recipes I am continuing a legacy. Don't you?  Every time I make one of their recipes, I think of them as I savor the deliciousness of it.

I'll bet you are relating at this point. I think this is a really common thing in many families.   Let's take it a step further.  Do you ever scrapbook those recipes?  I decided to start!  Why not have a scrapbook of my favorite legacy recipes with a photo of them and the person they came from?  This month's Stamp of the Month was a perfect stamp to start my album with.  My grandmother makes the YUMMIEST peach cobbler. It's the only recipe I will use for peach cobbler. I used this month's Stamp of the Month (Sweet Life) and went to town. You can see it in the circular accent by the photos as well as a background image in the large white pice behind the recipe. I also used two of the sentiments in the set. Can you see them on the page?  I'll share a few detail shots below.





The photo  you see is of my 94 year old grandma.  Her name is Winona Thorderson, she is my mother's mother, and I love her so very much. I'm very lucky she is still alive and I still get to enjoy her!  To me she is grandma, to my children she is GG (stands for Great Grandma) and to my grandchildren she is 3G (you get it, right?). 

The July Stamp of the Month is only available during July.  Get it while you can!  Just head to my website.  You can purchase it for the full retail price of $17.95, or if you spend $50 (before shipping and tax), you can add it for $5.  In fact, for every $50 you spend, you can get one for $5.  Get one for you and one for someone you love!  Some of the other items I used on this page are:  Champagne Cardstock, Goldrush Cardstock, Chocolate Cardstock, White Daisy Cardstock, Avonlea Paper (retired), Saddle Reinker (mixed with water in my trusty Spray Pen), Saddle Stamp Pad (to distress edges using round sponge), Watercolor Pencils (that's how I colored the peaches), Whisper Stamp Pad (I used this to stamp the peaches lightly on the white piece behind the recipe), Archival Black Pad, Chocolate Striped Ribbon, Baker's Twine - Harvest, Dimensional Elements (these circular chipboard pieces have been retired for years and I can't even remember exactly what they were called. This is a lesson to pull out your old stuff and use it!).

July Stamp of the Month - "Sweet Life". The carrier sheet actual size is 6" x 6".


I am leaving tomorrow morning for a 4 day camp with the young women at my church (23 girls, ages 12-18!) but I am scheduling a post or two for when I'm gone.  As you are sleeping in your comfy beds and using your clean showers, think of poor 'ol me out in a tent in the mountains.  No, camping is not my favorite thing, but I do it because I love the girls that I am in charge of at church. I do it because I know that our annual Girls' Camp is an opportunity for these girls to bond, for their testimonies to grow as they hike, canoe, eat and sleep together.  I do it because I always have a great time once I'm there.  I do not do it because I love to camp, that's for darn sure.  I feel a scrapbook page comin' on....

6 comments:

Laurel said...

Love the layout, love that you are scrapping recipes!

Heather Stewart said...

LOVE your Peach Cobbler story and layout, Karen! Beautiful~~~~!!

Unknown said...

what a beautiful page & great use of the SOTM!

Becca-expressions said...

Is that GG's writing on the recipe? How great would THAT be??

Love this layout. One of my treasured recipes is my mother's butter cookies we use to make Christmas cookies every year. It's in her handwriting, has grease stains all over it, and the ink is fading and bleeding out in places. I really need to get it on a scrapbook page before there's nothing left of it!! Thanks for the push to get it under plastic.

Oh,and have fun at camp. My idea of roughing it is one outlet in my in-room bathroom. LOL!

Tresa Black said...

94 years old? Wow, I see beauty runs in the family! Love your layout, what a treasure to scrapbook precious family recipes.

Tammy said...

1st-Love the colors you choice with the Avonlea paper!

2nd-Such a beautiful layout and a great idea to document family recipes!

Thanks for the inspiration!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails