pin it button

Friday, July 16, 2010

Close To My Heart's July Stamp of the Month

My friend, Margi G. made this amazing card using the July Stamp of the Month (see the left side of my blog for all the stamps in the set. TOO STINKIN' CUTE!). Don't you just love it? I have posted Margi's card here with her permission.

When asked how she did it, this is what she said. I have added links and CTMH product numbers and a few comments (my comments are in italics):
  • Stamped Extreme Caps (D1250) "LOVE" with Versamark Pad (Z891) and Clear Embossing Powder (Z671).
  • Masked the hedgehog.
  • Sponged Cotton Candy, Sky, Pear and Smoothie inks (all 3 of these inks are new CTMH colors that will be available in the Autumn/Winter Idea Book debuting Sept. 1).
  • Splattered with pure Bleach using an old toothbrush. (Did this in my laundry sink to avoid unwanted bleach spots on my clothes!)
  • I cut stencils to color Hedgehog with Sponge Daubers (Z726). Once the stencils are cut, it goes fast with even coverage. I used Desert Sand Ink (Z2118) for the body and Chocolate Ink (Z2111) with a bit of Black Ink (Z2105) for the fur.
  • Chocolate flower from Circle Around Stamp Set (D1300).
  • Bitty Sparkles (Z1263) and new Opaques Pearl Accents (also available Sept. 1 in the Autumn/Winter Idea Book. You'll love them!).
Click here to enter my website to order the July Stamp of the Month (available during July only) and any other great products that Margi used on this card. Click here to see the options of how you can get this stamp set. FREE is one of them!

By the way, I am still having fun in Chicago with my kiddos but am also looking forward to getting back home to my office and sharing some of my NEW artwork with you next week.

Karen

3 comments:

Nicole Norris said...

that is the cutest card ever. I am going to have to try it.

Rhett and Tiffanie Jackson said...

LOVE this card! And I can't wait until I my hands on the new cattie! SHEESH 2 more weeks...I don't think I can stand it! Can't wait to see the new colors and I LOVE the bleach idea!!! fab!

Margi said...

Glad you liked my card! I'm so flattered you wanted to share it on your blog. Have a great "July Stamp of the Month" month!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails