pin it button

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Installment #4: Close To My Heart Convention Artwork

Here is another installment of some of the artwork I used in my class at the CTMH National Convention.

I'm sure you are shocked (NOT!) that another of my examples features my sweeter-than-sweet granddaughter, Daci.

This layout was to illustrate that a great place to find color inspiration is in the Close To My Heart Idea Book. The color combo you see here is in the brand new Autumn/Winter Idea Book that will be released on September 1 (and as you know, you can see it right her on my blog beginning that day). CTMH is awesome in the way that they organize their book. Each 2-page spread features a color combo put together by the Art Department and all of the artwork on that page is made with that color combo. I get TONS of color inspiration this way.

Two of the colors you see on this layout are brand new in the September 1 Autumn/Winter Idea Book. I can hardly wait for you to see them. In the meantime, while you are waiting for the new Idea Book, the current one is FULL of great products and ideas. One that I would recommend is my current favorite stamp set: Damask Tiles (C1342). You can see it used here stamped in the blue color on the white cardstock behind the photo of Daci, and also on the "SWING" letters in small amounts. Isn't that a GREAT set? You can order it, or anything else in the current Idea Book by heading to my site and clicking on "Shop Online."

Lastly, I thought I'd share one of my favorite color combos from the current Idea Book (Summer 2010). It can be found on pages 54-55. Crystal Blue, Sorbet and Twilight are a great color combo as illustrated by the artwork on these pages.

Have a colorful day!

6 comments:

Brenda said...

Oh these are such pretty colors! Your artwork is always amazing!

Rick and Kori said...

I LOVE that you stamped the damask on the Dimensional Elements, it added so much to the layout! Love the new colors too. Can't wait to order them!

Karla Kroese said...

Pretty layout w/ a lovely color combo. And, I can't help but mention that I LOVE your stamped background (also my favorite stamp set)!

Paper doll said...

How cute she is and the layout too!! Cant wait to play with these colors. I like the damask stamped on the letters.

Laurel said...

Gorgeous layout! love the color combo and the cutie pie in the picture!

Nicole Norris said...

I am counting down the days for the new idea book! Another gorgeous page my friend.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails