pin it button

Sunday, July 4, 2010

July 4th, Another Hedgehog, and Tannon's Mission (Blog Candy)

Happy 4th of July! I am so grateful to live in this country. I love everything about the good ole' USA and am so proud to be an American. I'm so excited to leave for Washington DC tomorrow for the Close To My Heart national convention. What a great week to be in our nation's capitol.

Tannon finally got his papers submitted for his LDS mission and we should be finding out sometime in the next week or two where he is going. If you'd like to comment here with your guess, I will be sending a FREE scrapbook kit to whoever gets the closest guess. If more than one person gets it exactly right, I'll send each of them a kit. If no one gets it exactly right, I'll send a kit to the person who guesses the mission who is geographically the closest to where he is called. If you are not familiar with the whole LDS mission thing, here is how it works in a nutshell: when a young man turns 19 he is asked to spend 2 years serving the Lord on a mission away from his family (women 21 and older can also serve). Of course, it is their choice if they want to go but they have been asked by the prophet of our church to serve. My hubby served when he was 19, my oldest son, Easton went, Kori's hubby, Rick went when he turned 19 and then swept my daughter off her feet when he returned. I'm so proud of Tannon for continuing the tradition of serving the Lord on a mission! I have decided that not only do these young men go and serve others, but they go and learn what is really important in life and come home an even better version of the guy that left 2 years earlier.

There are over 300 LDS missions around the world. Click here to see them all. That might help you in making your guess where Tannon might go. I'm dying because he will probably get his call while I am out of town, either this week in DC or next week in Chicago. I will have to hear the news on the telephone! But, no worries. I will blog to you and announce the destination from DC or Chicago, wherever it may be.

On to artwork: as you know, I love this little hedgehog. The July Stamp of the Month is a keeper! Click here to find out how to get your own set. Here is one more card I made with him.

31 comments:

Oma said...

Hi Karen. Cute card. My niece Krista is a CTMH consultant as well. She will also be going to convention. She has made some amazing scrapbooks and she also has card workshops which I enjoy.

My guess is that Tannon will be going to Canada - Toronto East where I live.

Oma said...

Forgot to add that if you peruse my blog, there is a card there that I made for Krista's father, my brother along with a link to her blog.

Melissa Laverty said...

Okay, my guess is going to be Nashville, TN.

Brenda said...

Karen, have an amazing time in DC and Chicago. Just soak all that precious time in! I am going to choose Baton Rouge.

Kelly Schelske said...

My guess...Calgary Alberta Canada, only an hour from me!!

Rebecca's Card Hobby said...

My guess is Columbus, Ohio - about two hours from where I live. I hope you have a good time in DC. My daughter (a CTMH consultant) is going and getting really excited.

Jamie Harder said...

CUTE card!!! Hope you are having a wonderful day with your wonderful family!!!

Rick and Kori said...

Okay, here are our guesses:

Kori: Paraguay
Rick: Chicago
Penny: Brazil
Fred: Mexico
Sophie: Greece

Tracey Mason's Studio said...

I am going to say Boston or Manchester, NH (lol, closest to me!)
See you tomorrow sister!

Daysha and Easton Pedersen said...

Drumroll......Portugal...

Unknown said...

My guess would be Columbia, South Carolina! May God bless him in his journey :)

Unknown said...

I'd guess Charlotte, NC!!

Terrie Dodd said...

I guess Tulsa Oklahoma...Hope to meet you in DC. Love your blog!

Tracey Jean said...

I'm going with Kingston, Jamaica because that's where I'm from. Have fun at convention...

Anonymous said...

Australia, Perth is my guess. Enjoy convention and your Daci time.

Sheila H said...

Enjoy the convention and your granddaughter! I guess Long Beach, CA, where my grandson lives :)

Nicole Norris said...

I am going to say Baltimore Maryland because that is where one of my Brother's served. Have a great time!! I so wish I was going.

Karen said...

Have fun at the convention. I would hope Jackson Mississippi because the whole gulf area is in need of so much help right now, physically, emotionally, spiritually, and financially. I think he would be an asset and true inspiration for all those people that are so devastated and in desperate need of help. Safe travels!

Michele H said...

Can't wait to hear all about the great new things CTMH will be doing! I guess Guatemala, Quetzaltenango!

Pam Hissong said...

Have a great time at convention and Chicago (I'm downstate!).
My guess is going to be Brazil, Brasillia just because my good friend is from there.

Amy Ulen said...

I know that the need is great in so many areas, but it is a toss up between Florida and Tennessee. I think I'm going to have to go with Nashville. Regardless of where he ends up, I wish him the best! See you in DC this weekend!

trfabian said...

I'll guess Venezuela Valencia.

Lynette said...

OK don't laugh but I am going to say Argentina. Hahaha I am sure you know why I said Argentina. Maybe he will be companions with Chanse. Hahah now that would be way too funny.

sandyh50 said...

San Jose, Costa Rica!

Kim Harper said...

Karen I hope you had a great time at Convention and have a great time with Kori, Rick and Daci :)

I don't know why, but I am going to guess Haiti - I think wherever he goes he will do a great job and help serve!

Views From My Scraproom... said...

I was at convention and didn't get to meet you. I am going to say Tannon is going to the Phillipines.
Carolyn

shortywithastory said...

Hi Karen - Hope you're having a great time at Convention.
I'm going to guess that Tannon is going to be sent to Africa.
Best wishes!
Jessica

Brittany said...

Such a beautiful card! I'm glad that you had fun at convention! It sounds like such a great time!

I am going to guess Columbia, South Carolina. :)

Barbara said...

I'm going to guess Macon Georgia. My daughter just returned from there and loved every minute of her 18 months!

Bridget Maher said...

I have always been a Stalker of your blog as a CMTH consultant.

My guess for Tannon's mission is Atlanta, Georgia

Roberta Dermody said...

I am guessing Africa ummm maybe CapeTown? Seems like I am hearing lots of people going there lately. My niece leaves in 10 days through her church.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails