pin it button

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Missing my Missionary



It's hard to believe that Tannon has been out for about 6 months now on his 2-year church (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints) mission to Spain. While we are at home thinking, "6 down, 18 to go," he is thinking, "6 gone already? I only have 18 left!" He is loving what he is doing and we are so very proud of him.

As we are moving this week I have been packing boxes of Tannon's trophies from high school sports and photos of him playing QB and shooting hoops. Oh, how I miss this athletically gifted child. How I miss his goofy sense of humor and zest for life!

Here is an exerpt from a recent letter we got,

"Gosh, it was a great week. I love it! Being a missionary is unreal. Even though sometimes I miss you guys and home and wish I was playing ball with Easton and watching Dawson become the next unreal all-state athlete in Utah, I just remember I’m doing what the Lord wants and I wouldn’t change that for anything. I love missionary life! I love teaching people the gospel of Jesus Christ. It’s just so legit!"


And that is why we are so willing to send our boys away for 2 years at 19 years of age. That is why missing them is so worth it!

7 comments:

Deanne said...

Wow! I read your blog and am in awe of all of your artwork. There is nothing I have read in a looooong time that has left me so speechless as the words from your 19 (or perhaps 20 now) year old son! Incredible!

Unknown said...

I just love Tannon's vernacular!! "It's just so legit!" I can't believe it has been 6 months. I know for you the time hasn't flown but he's a quarter of the way home!

Stampin n da Hood said...

and still at any age; "out of the mouths of babes"!

Tammy said...

Four weeks today we took Bridger to the MTC. You said exactly what I needed to hear today. I really miss my boy too, but wouldn't want him anywhere else.

Thanks Karen,

Nicole Norris said...

I hope the move is going smoothly. Great post what an amazing young man and I have only met him once.

cnelson said...

LOVE the bit from his letter! I know he is a FABULOUS missionary! These missionaries are such fine young men and women! BIG HUGS to you!!!

Brenda said...

Karen, what love shines through your post. I am quite certain there are days that you really miss him. However, those words from him - wow! - he really is in the right place! Hugs and love to you, my friend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails