pin it button

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Matt and Shanda's Wedding Sign In Book



Our daughter-in-law, Daysha's sister, Shanda is got married on Thursday.  She asked me to make her sign in book and so I did (along with a lot of help from my darling daughter, Kori). We had fun working with her colors; shades of coral, oranges, neutral browns and gold, with just a hint of Wintery blue.

I'm apologizing in advance for the quality of the photos.  We finished the book and were ready to put it together in the album when I realized I hadn't photoed the pages. I quickly snapped a pic of each page and layout with my phone.  This is the best I could get.  Hopefully you get the idea, even from poor quality photos.

I have now made about 10 of these books for people I love when they get married. The opening and closing pages are left unsigned.  All of the 2-page layouts are for signing when the guests arrive.  It's so much fun to see all of that blank space get filled up with love!  In the past, several people have asked me how it all works, so I'll explain.  As with most weddings, there is a table with a sign-in book as you enter. Instead of writing your name on a line in a book, you get to write a message and sign it on the pages of this book. We take two 2-page layouts out of the protectors in the book at a time and lay them on the table. When those pages fill up, we slide them back in their protectors in the book and get out the next 2 layouts, and so on.  By the end of the event, the book is full of love and is a perfect keepsake for the bride and groom.  Here's a photo of their book on their sign in table being filled with thoughts from friends and family:



Congratulations, Matt and Shanda!  I wish you an eternity of happiness!  Here are all of the layouts as they looked before signatures:

Title Page

Layout 1

Layout 2

Layout 3

Layout 3 detail
Layout 4

Layout 5

Layout 6

Layout 7

Layout 8
Layout 8 detail

Closing page


1 comment:

Paper doll said...

This is gorgeous, what a special gift. Shanda and Dasha look just alike, both beautiful ladies.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails