pin it button

Friday, December 19, 2014

Real Life Card and Deal of the Decade



It's Friday...and in December that means I'm featuring artwork I've made with one of the Deal of the Decade stamp sets here on my blog.  This 5" x 7" card is made totally from one stamp set.  Nifty!  I'll share how to get this stamp set for only $10 ($7.95 savings) as well as giving you a few artwork tips from the card in just a moment. First, here's a quick peek at the stamp set (All the Details).



Here's how Deal of the Decade works:
  • Order $50 or more from either the Annual Expressions Catalog or the Seasonal Expressions 1 Catalog (or a combination of the two).  You can do that right on my website.
  • Qualify for any C or D size stamp sets from the Annual Expressions Catalog for only $10.
  • Once you've spent your $50, there is NO LIMIT to how many of these $10 sets you can order.  
  • You'll be prompted to add your sets before you check out.  Easy peasy!
I will include  photos of all of the qualifying stamp sets at the end of the post.  I'll also include a products used list at the end of this post, complete with photos and links for your convenience, but let's do a little technique talkin' first.

  •  I used one of my favorite tools on this card:  the spray pen.  Not only are they inexpensive ($3.95 for a package of 3), but they add a lot of punch to your projects. You can probably see the little paint spatter look on the flaxen cardstock of this card. To achieve that look I filled my spray pen 1/2 up to the first measuring line with Saddle Reinker and then to the 3rd measure line with water. Shake it up and spray! The closer your pen is to the project and the slower you push the pump, the larger the ink spray drops will be. The further away you hold it, and the quicker you spray, the smaller the spray drops will be. As you can see, I held my pen a little further away and pumped quickly.
  • Although the card is made totally of neutral colored inks and cardstocks (White Daisy, Whisper, Flaxen and Black), I added just a pop of colors with my embellishments (some of the Lagoon pieces from the Chalk it Up Assortment).  This is a great trick on any kind of project. 
  • As you can see, I popped up the Real Life stamp with some 3D foam tape. I love a bit of dimension on my projects.
Here are all of the stamp sets that qualify for the $10 Deal of the Decade (up to $7.95 savings per set):









1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great card Karen. Love it!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails