pin it button

Monday, August 22, 2016

Birthday Hats Card



Good Monday morning!  Do you remember last Monday, when I shared this witch hat card?


Well, when I made it I thought, "Hey! Not only do I think this card is cute, but I could use the clown hat from the August Stamp of the Month and make a similar card with it that is for birthdays!"  I must admit, I felt kind of brilliant (lol).  Today's card is the result. I think sometimes we look at a set like the August Stamp of the Month (Purrfect Halloween) and think, "This set is for Halloween," when with just a little creativity, it can be for so much more!  Don't forget that this set is only available in August and is yours for only $5 ($12.95 savings) with each $50 you order (before shipping and tax).  Order $100, get 2...and so on. When ordering on my website, you'll be prompted to add your set(s) before checking out.  Also, don't forget this months "Basically the Best" special.  You can read about that here.




Here's a little close up of the card:

Here are a few tips just in case you want to make this card, or something similar:
  • I colored this card with our Shin Han Alcohol Markers (all supplies are listed at the end of this post, complete with photos and links for your convenience).  I always stamp with our wonderful Memento Tuxedo Black Ink when coloring with markers, colored pencils, or watercolor paints.  Once it's dry, that ink is staying put. YAY! No smearing or bleeding!
  • The striped paper at the bottom of the card began as just the big Lemon yellow and white stripes (from the Adventure Fundamentals Paper Pack). I just filled in the white stripes by using several of the Shin Han Markers I had used on the hats and my trusty ruler to draw lines (skinny stripes).  I created my own stripey paper.
  • I wanted some black accents on the bottom right of the card, and didn't have just the right thing. I DID have some blue ones though.  So, I pulled out my Black Shin Han Marker and colored those puppies, let them dry for about 5 minutes, and stuck them on my card.  VOILA!  Did you know you could color enamel, rhinestones, and so much more with our Shin Han Markers? Well, now ya do!
  • When stamping a row of things, like that cute hat, the easiest way to line 'em up is to make sure you are stamping an odd number. Measure your card (mine happens to be 5 1/2" wide).  Find your centerpoint (2 3/4") and stamp your first hat there.  Work out on the sides from there and your hats will feel perfectly placed. Easy, peasy!







No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails