pin it button

Thursday, August 11, 2016

#Livstrong Layout



The Fundamentals line was the perfect paper for this layout. I combined a little Adventure Fundamentals and Enchantment Fundamentals paper with some Uptown Fundamentals paper, as well as some Rustic Home Fundamentals paper.  I think it made for a nice little mix.

This little 4 year old granddaughter of ours, Livvi, is truly LIVING strong! She was diagnosed with leukemia in March and has battled fiercely.  She amazes me with her strength and good nature.  The Chicago Bulls basketball team heard about her battle and sent her this jersey and a signed basketball from all of the players.  Pretty amazing stuff! We still have about 2 more years of treatment with chemo and other things before she'll be done fighting this ugly disease, but if they are anything like the last 5 months, she's got this!

I'll show a few detail photos of this layout in a moment, but I wanted to remind you about the "Basically the Best" special this month.  It's easy. It works like this...

You can take advantage of this awesome special in one easy click, right here.  I've also included a list of all of the products I used on this layout, complete with links and photos, at the very end of this post.

Here are a few up close details of this layout:

The sparkly black accents in the You and Me Complements were a fun, bold touch to add to this layout.

In addition to the journaling in one of my "pie pieces," I used the "This & That" stamp set around my "pie" to add some more thoughts about our little Livvi.

I love the look of the "uneven" borders on the top and bottom of this layout. I just cut some paper strips at an angle and layered them together to get this fun "off kilter" look.  The top border is just one angled piece. The bottom includes 3. Give it a try!







3 comments:

Krista Ritskes said...

Karen, this layout is gorgeous!

Becca-expressions said...

Thanks for updating us on Livvi. I've been keeping her and your whole family in my prayers. Blessings to you all.

Felicia C. said...

Children truly are amazing and inspirational! Prayers for your family, precious Livvi, and all the medical staff who are working to heal her.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails