pin it button

Thursday, September 15, 2011

5 x 7 Christmas Card



When I saw the sketch at CPS this week, I decided to play. I think the biggest reason is that the sketch was totally outside of my comfort zone and I thought it would be a challenge.

The stamp set I used for the stocking and sentiment on this card is the October Stamp of the Month from Close To My Heart. You may see this card again in October when I share that stamp set and ordering information with you. In the meantime, I wanted to post it to go with the sketch.

Close To My Heart colors used were White Daisy, Black, Olive and Cranberry. I used the Spray Pen filled with a little white acrylic paint mixed with water to create the splatter background, the brand new CTMH/Cricut Art Philosophy Collection for the snowflake doilies and the backing piece for the stocking, and the Licorice Opaques for my accents. I also used the music stamp in the Universal Backgrounds stamp set to create the tone-0n-tone pattern on the strip of olive paper. The stocking and the main sentiment are embossed using the Versamark Pad and White Daisy Embossing Powder.

I know Autumn is just making it's debut, but I had to pull this set (the October Stamp of the Month) out and play. Stay tuned for information about this set the first week of October.

5 comments:

Brenda said...

I love the splattering!! Also, I've only seen this doily used for halloween, so it was fun to see it with Christmas colors. Very pretty!

Lea L. said...

This is really pretty! I love how you've used the snowflakes, and the colors are fab!! Thanks for playing at CPS this week!

Tammy said...

This is a beautiful card! Love the doilies, the paint splatter...breath-taking card Karen!

Laurel said...

Wow, what a beautiful card, love the snowflakes!

cnelson said...

So many things to LOVE...the paint splattering...the snowflakes...the colors...everything!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails