pin it button

Monday, September 5, 2011

Birthday Layout

Happy Labor Day!

I shared a little bit about my birthday a few days ago, but I finally sat down and made a layout about it today. I was canning salsa all day today and just needed a little creative break. This is what I came up with.

I was inspired by the sketch at Creative Scrappers this week (#172) and the color challenge at Heart 2 Heart Challenges (choose your own favorite color combo). I really liked the sketch on Creative Scrappers, especially because I was only planning on doing a 1-page layout for this project. I am in love, and have been since 8th grade, with pink and green together (remember those preppie days?). I especially love them paired with black and white. Thanks to Heart 2 Heart Challenges (a great CTMH Challenge site!) for helping me choose my color combo for this layout. I used the Close To My Heart colors of Blush, Hollyhock and Pear.

Here's a little close up of the flowers and journaling. You can click on this photo to see it larger and in more detail.

Close To My Heart products used: Black Cardstock, Silhouette Creative Basics Paper Pack (retired), Sophia L2 Paper Pack, Licorice Opaques, Dimensional Elements Numbers (retired), Black Stamp Pad, Round Sponge, Create-a-Shade Pearl Paint, Stardust Glitz Glitter Gel, Corner Rounder, Sanding Kit.

You can order these, and so many other wonderful products on my website...24/7!

18 comments:

Rick and Kori said...

L.O.V.E this layout, Mom! I also LOVE that picture of you! I think I need it, you should email it to me :) Glad you had a great birthday! Love ya!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jolene Bebich said...

Beautiful layout! The colors go fantastic together. You are super talented! :)

Kristin K. said...

Beautiful layout. Love the papers your you used. Love your flowers too.

Brenda said...

I love it!! I also love that you took time so soon to do your own page. The colors are pretty, pretty, pretty, and this is a great submission for H2H!! Thanks for playing along!!

Nancy Ball said...

GORGEOUS Karen and Happy Belated Birthday!

The Paper Princess. . . Michelle Auten said...

LOVE this layout, Karen! Of course, pink and green are one of my favorite color combinations as well. :-) Thanks so much for joining us at H2H this week!

Laurel said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous both the layout and you!

cnelson said...

YOU are sooooo GORGEOUS and so is this lo!! LOVE the colors, the flowers, the design...EVERYTHING!

Vicki Wizniuk said...

Happy belated birthday! Love your layout. Glad your day was a good one. ;)

Eileen said...

I love all the things you make, you are so creative!! You look so beautiful.

Amy said...

DALING DARLING DARLING layout Karen, perfect for such a DARLING little lady!!! Love ya friend, gla you had a happy day!!!

Haley D. said...

Happy birthday! Fab layout of such a fabby lady! Pink and green is such a great color combo. Thanks for sharing with us at H2H!

Patricia said...

Beautiful abd colorful layout. Like this!

Tammy said...

What a beautiful layout! Love the colors!

knopkiniukai said...

Beautiful!!!
Happy Birthday!
Cherubs

Stampin n da Hood said...

Beautiful ! I can copy it and just switch the numbers!
:)

Pamela OConnor said...

I had to smile when I saw that you played along with us at H2H this week. =) I knew you wouldn't disappoint! What an absolutely beautiful layout of an absolutely beautiful woman.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails