pin it button

Friday, September 9, 2011

Harvest Happiness Card

This is my 2nd post for today.

After finishing a book that left me emotionally spent ("The Book Thief" by Markus Zusak...I highly recommend it {Thanks, Kristine W. for recommending it to me!}), I needed a little creative time. I only had a few minutes before it was time to get ready to go to Dawson's football game , so I did something very simple. Sometimes simple is good.

I used sketch #131 from CardPatterns. I also used the Dreamin' L2 Paper Pack from Close To My Heart, as well as these other Close To My Heart products: Harvest Happiness Stamp Set, Dreamin' MyStickease, Mocha Opaques, Bronze Glitter Gel (painted on thinly with a paint brush on the leaf), Chocolate Waxy Flax, Spray Pen, Goldrush Stamp Pad, Cocoa Stamp Pad, Cocoa Marker (to outline the leaf), Cocoa Reinker (mixed with water in the Spray Pen).

See you later, everyone. I'm off for some Friday Night Lights. GO, Springville High School Red Devils!

6 comments:

Rick and Kori said...

Love this! It so does not look simple either. I don't know if I believe you :)

Brenda said...

I'm with Kori - your card doesn't look simple! Those are such beautiful papers. I can hardly wait till Dreamin' club month!

Laurel said...

This is one fantastic card! love the colors and I agree, does not look simple!

cnelson said...

Gorgeous card! LOVE the colors! LOVED the Book Thief.

Unknown said...

Didn't The Book Thief just make you cry? Loved that book too. Thanks for always sharing your artwork. I love following your blog. Simple or not...always beautiful.
~Amy

Blythe said...

Karen, LOVED the Book Thief. On my list of top books. So glad to know you liked it. We'll have to discuss sometime.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails